New tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benhamine

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55 gallon. I have 1.014 salanity. I put 20 lbs fine grain sand and 40 lbs of live sand (black) my water is cloudy. Check out the picture. Good ph and alk too. Please help!

Attachments

• image-1447341965.jpg
    image-1447341965.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 178
no that happens when you first put the water in, it will clear up after a few days maybe

The powerhead will help stir everything up and as stared above you should start to see a noticeable difference in a couple days at most

Live sand usually comes with a rectifier or mine did its in a little packet somewhere in the bag pour that in and it makes the silt settle within a day. Idk if different brands do not have a packet but should settle eventually just letting u know about the packet in case its in ur tank somewhere

Sent from my HTC EVO SHIFT using Aquarium

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one, I started a tank yesterday and mine looks exactly the same with nothing in it so far but sand. It's so thick and murky it's impossible to see anything.

Rinsing your sand out is a must in my opinion. I always rinse mine out about 10 times before putting it in the tank, you guys can see why :p On a side note particles do settle quicker in salt water...i doubt raising your salinity to 1.025 will be enough of a change to quicken the process much though haha

Well I'l post a picture tomorrow as well. Hopefully it starts to clear up. I didn't have a package in my tank, although when I introduced the black live sand there were multiple small woodchips.. Hmm

Back
Top Bottom