Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-24-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
New to Salt.

Those of you from the Freshwater forums (especially planted) may know me well, but after I fix my 55 gallon, I'm thinking about turning my 10 gallon into a sw tank.

First, I was wondering if I could get some ideas of what to expect. Asside from the salt, what differences are there between running a SW tank and a FW tank.

My initial thought is a white substrate with a blue background with a single ornamental fish. I would like to have a Percula or Ocellaris but I'm not sure if a 10 gallon would be suitable for him. If not, any other fish suggestions?

Alshain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Location: Tired of the mod power plays; gone to another forum
Check this link out. You have to register but it's well worth it.

Fantasyreef Forum

Follow the link, choose the tank size on the upper right list, leave the rest as "ignore", click search and a list with a ton of fish, complete with their profiles, will show up for you.

I got this from a post by Hara. Good stuff

tawolcott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #3
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Well let me tell you what to expect with your 10 gallon tank. First it can be done. I know some folks that have some that size but you will have to be dilligent. The less the water volume the less forgiving it will be on oversight and mistakes. I like to always suggest at least a 55 gallon for you first tank but that is just me. Dont want to scare you but if you go with the 10 galln tank make sure you are prepared to do frequent PWC` and test on it. Read up on the site articles.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com