*NEWBIE ALERT* 75 Gallon Start Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Louisianafishguy

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys/gals !!

I will be very soon purchasing a 75 gallon tank and starting it up as a saltwater tank. I plan on, eventually, have fish, corals, and anemone. I read all of the offered start up articles on here as well as some of the replies to the start up posts. I just wanted to kind of say hi to everyone on here and tell y'all that I hope you do not get sick of me :angel: because I am a first timer.

Any advice towards starting up my new tank would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to participating in the forums with y'all and thanks in advance for all your shareable knowledge.

- Louisianafishguy

welcome AA Real life Fiend!!! Your in good hands! We have top notch salties! Which is good for you because it's been so long since I'v had a salt setup that my salt knowledge is prehistoric. :ROFLMAO:

welcome aboard! consider yourself lucky that you joined this site before getting the tank, itll do wonders to help minimize problems and mishaps. the 2 most important things i can think of are
1. research, research, and research
2. no matter what happens, dont get discouraged. keep in mind that experiencing problems in the sw world will only make you more knowledgeable.
other than that, we are here to answer any questions you have, big or small, if youre not sure about it, ask:)

Yea this is a first for me. I normally end up buying all the wrong things and then joining the forums haha. I am glad to be here and will take any advice to heart. Also thanks for the advice on joining this forum phishfriend !!!

Welcome. To jump right into this, you have done some research and I was wondering what is your idea of your aquarium setup look like in your mind? For example, tank will it be drilled or overflow box, sump, equipment, rock, substrate, etc.

Well to be honest im up for anything at all. I want what seems to be best in the mind of the masses. Thats one of the reasons I joined the forum first. One of the only "have to's" i want really bad are a/some eels. What would you suggest from all of your questions?

Well to be honest im up for anything at all. I want what seems to be best in the mind of the masses. Thats one of the reasons I joined the forum first. One of the only "have to's" i want really bad are a/some eels. What would you suggest from all of your questions?

Are you thinking a reef setup(live rock wall) with lots of pretty lil fish and maybe a snowflake eel. Or do want more corals?

Well the tank I was looking at is already sold. The new one im looking at is a 90 gallon solid walls and a 165 gallon drilled.

If its drilled or you can drill its best. Overflow boxes can be a pain. With bigger tanks prolly Needs to be drilled. bc overflow boxes are made only so big and running more than one overflow box may be risky.

Well we know you can drill it. idk if u want but theres a website called glass holes and you can get overflow kits. You would need the 3000 overflow kit. Its 150 bucks. This hole I believe is 3 inches.

Back
Top Bottom