Normal during Cycling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi guys,

I placed 40 lbs of live rock in my tank on thursday. everything seems ok. but there are quite a bit of little white flakes and white dots which have developed on my rock. (see attached photo.) I will blow off the white flakes often with my PH but the dots remain. My thinking is:

a. It is sand from the sandstorm that I created while burying my rocks in the sand. its stuck in the coralline algea and eventually the algea will grow over it.

b. It is normal die off and will soon stop and the coralline algae will grow back over it.

should I be concerned? should I dose with calcium to encourage growth, or is that to early?

thanks!

can be both your A and B...
Looks like a little die off and sand to me. Try to blow it off and if it doesn't go anywhere. let it go . I wouldnt' scrub it too hard but u may want to try that...

nah. no scrubbing. The PH removes alot of it. its ALL OVER so my thinking is also a bit of a and b. anyone else seen this from their Live Rock?

Back
Top Bottom