Nu Nu and Gboy's 66 gallon Red Sea Max build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
needmorecowbell said:
Very nice and open, I'm sure a tang would like it ;)

Most people add tangs last, I think it's because of aggression.

Thabks adam, means alot:)

Yeah, i think thays what we will do too. Problem is, there is a 2-3" yellow eye kole tang at the lfs now!! That would be perfect!!

Okay, how does this stoking list look? It has been modified but definitly isnt done. Still too many fish, but dang it is hard to make cuts to this all-star lineup!!

2 occerellis clownfish (one B&W)
1 Orange stripe prawn goby
1 Fairy wrasse
1 chalk bass
1 midas blenny
1 One spot foxface
1 yellow eye kole tang

Gusta?

Ibrahim said:
Looks good to me. Maybe give up the goby or chalk bass but other than that looks perfect.

Oh, we already have the chalk bass. But the goby could be down-sized maybe? Like a yasha since they're smaller?

I'd go without the fox face since you are going reef right? They have the personality to nip at clams.

Jlsardina said:
I'd go without the fox face since you are going reef right? They have the personality to nip at clams.

Yes i have heard about their problems with clams, we wont be getting one. I know they do well with all other coral for the most part though

The only thing I would be worried about is the fox face and the tang. Those are two big fish in one borderline too small tank.

Would have to agree... Maybe one or the other... I had a tang and fox face in a 90... Still ran into each other ..

Well...bummer. Both will be very small, and isnt the fox verrry shy? Really tough to kick either...

Fox is very active. Can even hand feed it. It's just to small... Sorry man...

Kio707 said:
Fox is very active. Can even hand feed it. It's just to small... Sorry man...

Then i think we will skip the tang and keep the fox if anything

Kio707 said:
Good choice. Think you will really be happy with it!

Yeah, the tang is awesome, really is. Thing is, i doubt we could keep it as long as the fox ya know? We could probably keep the fox longer than we could keep the tang...

Im still not sure if i'd like to keep the flame or not..i dunno...

I'd get it, but wait till the tank is established... Not all that hardy.

Kio707 said:
I'd get it, but wait till the tank is established... Not all that hardy.

Sounds good, not sure about this whole tang thing yet though. We will see

You want a happy you or happy tank? It's urs, can't tell you not to buy it, just advise you.

Kio707 said:
You want a happy you or happy tank? It's urs, can't tell you not to buy it, just advise you.

Ah koi your making me guilty for just thinking about the tang! Lol!! Your really helpful, and i thank you for that.

So this is what it basically boils down to right?
Stock #1

2 occerellis clownfish
1 Fairy wrasse
1 chalk bass
1 midas blenny
1 yellow eye kole tang

Stock #2
2 occerellis clownfish
1 Fairy wrasse
1 chalk bass
1 midas blenny
1 One spot foxface
1 flame angel

I woul be willing to ditch the wrasse and flame in order to have the kole and foxface. Is that reasonable??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom