Nu Nu and Gboy's 66 gallon Red Sea Max build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nu-Nu the eel said:
Carey i know you have an engineer! Any info for us?! :) haha

I have two engineers in my tank. Started at 3" now they are 8". They will hide in the rockwork just like an eel and come out to eat. They will make caves in the sand but usually just one or two and they are done. They eat frozen food and sometimes steal some seaweed from my tangs. Very peaceful in my tank as well (because they aren't the biggest. Lol).

Ok awesome :) so it will be ok in a 66 with a decently deep sand bed? I want to find a larger one, my lfs only has tiny 2" ones...

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Carey i know you have an engineer! Any info for us?! :) haha

Here's some pics...

img_1949533_0_ebb344461c3f0a2e00859b874d99958f.jpg

img_1949533_1_29d4c64942dcec215ea221e5461dce25.jpg

img_1949533_2_8518899ed04609a301f653d01ccbf670.jpg

Thanks for the great opinions friends!! Any other fish that are coral safe, but not invert safe?? :)

Krocky12 said:
You should get a 6 line wrasse

I want a wrasse, but not a 6. I think they are kinda weird looking. Still cool though!! Haha i was checking out LA at all the cool wrasse..suggestions?

Gboy66 said:
I want a wrasse, but not a 6. I think they are kinda weird looking. Still cool though!! Haha i was checking out LA at all the cool wrasse..suggestions?

Orange back like I got.

How bout a Mexican rock wrasse? They've got awesome streamers.

Attachments

• image-1240970696.jpg
    image-1240970696.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 110
Same here, rodi is necessary IMO. I like that wrasse man, thing is i never see rare fish like that down here! I can hardly ever see a midas blenny!

Okay guys so the stock list is final... For now...

Do you guys think it is too much? Be honest! Haha i think grant posted the list a few pages back or something... If not he will post it again

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Okay guys so the stock list is final... For now...

Do you guys think it is too much? Be honest! Haha i think grant posted the list a few pages back or something... If not he will post it again

Yup here it is

2 Occerellis Clownfish (1 B&W)
1 Orange Stripe Prawn Goby
1 Fairy Wrasse/mexican rock wrasse?
1 Chalk Bass
1 Midas Blenny
1 Large Engineer Goby
1 Marine Betta
1 OneSpot Foxface

You might have aggression between the Midas and the engineer because of the body shape similarities and how they like doing some of the same things ( hide in rock)

That is a possability. I think the midas prefers to be on top of rocks and the engineer likes to hide in them though... Still agression? Other then that, any problems?

I've seen a video on YouTube of a Midas hiding in them. I'm not sure if it's normal though.. Everything else sounds great. I just found out there is a bicolor fox face, I'm still not sure what I think of it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom