Overflow or drilled?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Outlaw

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all, the reason for my question comes from the fact that I was thinking of draining my tank to drill it for an overflow (haven't cycled it yet). However, my LFS has an new eshopps overflow (assuming the 1000, has 2 siphons) that is missing the bulkheads for $29. Just wondering if you have experience with this unit and if it might be worthwhile to buy it and a couple bulkheads or just go ahead and drain and drill.

Any input appreciated. Thanks!

Rob

Just go with the overflow box. Although it is louder you won't regret it.
Drill can led the cracks or leeks if not done right.
It's safer to just get an overflow box.

Never used an overflow but hear they are prone to flooding your living room

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Without a doubt my reccomendation would be to drill the tank. No worrying about floods, the chance of flooding with a drilled tank is alot less than with a hang on back overflow. I started with a hangon and couldnt wait to get rid of it. I will never own another nondrilled tank again. Of my 4 saltwater tanks every one is drilled. :)

If you take your time drilling is easy peezy.
Just gotta go slow. And make sure the glass isnt tempered.

Appreciate the advice! I have to empty the tank to get it on my new stand anyway, so drilled it is!

Yeah if you know what your doing, or can take it to a glass place I would drill it.

Back
Top Bottom