Percula question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stephanie

Aquarium Advice Regular
This may sound like a dumb question, but what is the difference between a false percula and a true percula? What makes a false percula false? I have two of them, and didn't know that they were "false" when I bought them. One is larger than the other and lighter in color. I'm assuming that they are different sexes, but I'm having a hard time finding info.

~Steph

On the vertical white stripes, true perculas will usually have a thick black border while the false perculas will usually have a very thin one, or not at all.

some people also suggests that true ones are brighter in color.. i think it is more difficult to keep a true one than it is to keep a false.. the false perc is more hardy..

yeah most false that I've seen are usually much brighter than are true ones, but of course there's always the exception. I'd recommend a false one b/c like sokhamik says they tend to be hardier...only thing is, false ones usually don't take to anemones, all else being equal

Back
Top Bottom