I'm sorry if you have already answered questions like this. The last thing
I want to be is annoyance.
So, here is the quick problem overview:
1. There was a ammonia spike due to improper filter re-set resulting in a kill off the most live in my 10 Gallon SW
2. There was aiptasia's infestation of the live rock and tank in general.
- 10 Gallon Aquarium
- 2.5 Gallon HOB CPR fuge w. powerhead
- Fluval 204 power canister filter w. spray bar
- L= Floss; M=Ceramic Biorings, H= Floss & Purigen
- 50/50 light bulb (timer-regulated) 65 Wt.
Live (?) sand approx 1" in the tank and the fuge.
Some green algae in the fuge
Maybe something still alive in the tank (ricordea & serpae stars, could even be turbo snails).
Readings / problem
temperature betweeen 82 & 84 F.
Ammonia stable at .25 for the past three days
Ph between 7.8 + ? I think stays around 7.9 and 8.2, but can't properly interpret color.
Where Your Help is needed:
Please let me know how to bring ammonia down to 0 again.
- - currently doing 1 1/2 gallon PWCs daily. Increase?
- start dosing AmQuel?
- Recharge purigen - what bleach to use?
- anything else?
How to address Aiptasia problem with live rock?
- - I'd rather "cook" it on a baking sheet but I donno for how long and at what temp to kill those pests. In addition - how do I know that none are present in the water and live sand?
Here is a more detailed thread on my struggle: http://myfirstmarine.blogspot.com/