Possible marine tank with a hovercraft boxfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em1981ma

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi

I have a 50gallon coldwater tank with two fancies

A 22.4gallon tank with temperate fish I am going to make in to a tropical tank by adding a heater.

I thought I best move from coldwater and try tropical first before I venture into marine saltwater.

I have no idea how to set up a marine tank. What stuff do you need. I would love to one day have a HoverCraft Boxfish as they are so lovely and peaceful looking. I know they release a posion when they get stressed so they are a delicate fish and cant be housed with there own. Any knowledge on this fish and how to set up a marine tank would be helpful. As I see me going down this root in the not so distant future :)

I've never owned a box fish but I would love to one day and have researched quite a bit. Check out live aquaria for species info. I've been keeping saltwater only 3 years now and I would still not attempt an expert level fish so I guess my advice is to set up a salt tank (you will need at least 125gallons) with the intention of getting a box fish at a later date, you're best to set it up for fish only (not reef) but begin with some easier to care for fish until you get confident. It will be expensive and time consuming but totally worth it in the end! There are some great articles on here about how to set up and maintain a salt water tank...

Back
Top Bottom