Powerhead???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ferchoz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I started my 46 gal tank yesterday, filled with salt water and live sand. As of right now Im using a biowheel penguin 200 (getting a SKIMMER later), And bought a Penguin 550 Powerhead, I was thinking about buying a HYDOR KORALIA 4 1200GPH as well. Would that be too much?? should I may be go with a KORALIA 3 instead?? Im thinking about having corals in the future, so I want something wich is going to allow me to have different kinds of LPS, Mushrooms, SPS, etc..

i have the koralia 3 for my 55 and i think its pushes A LOT of water...got a ton of current from that ph, but i am new to swa...

I also agree, I had 2 K4's in my 72G and it was too much for my poor little fish. I dropped it down to 2 K3's and everyone is happy now.

So I guess I'm keeping my Penguin 559 and adding a Koralia 2.... I cannot return my penguin now :( thank u all for all ur help!

Kind of off-topic here... What media are you using in the Penguin? I'd recommend just using LR rubble and whatever (if any) phosgard, algones, etc. that you may use.

Also have a 46g tank. I wouldn't go higher than a 3. Personally, I'd ditch the Penguin 550 and get 2x Koralia #2.
I use a koralia #2 o my 65g and it pushes allot of water. K2 swirls the water so it's not like a normal PH. I started with ???? sorry so much coralline on the pumps I can't see the make. I think they were AquaClears. those just pushes water straight ahead.
So with the return pump I have 5 PH's pushing water. Controlled by a Red Sea waveMaster Pro.
PS: I plan to replace the others with another K2.

I started my 46 gal tank yesterday, filled with salt water and live sand. As of right now Im using a biowheel penguin 200 (getting a SKIMMER later), And bought a Penguin 550 Powerhead, I was thinking about buying a HYDOR KORALIA 4 1200GPH as well. Would that be too much?? should I may be go with a KORALIA 3 instead?? Im thinking about having corals in the future, so I want something wich is going to allow me to have different kinds of LPS, Mushrooms, SPS, etc..

The penguin 550 is a powerhead, not a filter.

Sorry for the confusion... the Penguin in red. No matter how hard I try, I can't get a piece of rubble into my Koralias. :p

Back
Top Bottom