Pwc question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thegrumpyfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Would 5gallons a day be better than 25gallons every Friday on my 200gal tank? I'm thinking I could do 5 gallons a day a little easier than 25 a week and would be a bigger water change every week as well

Interested on this as well as I'm thinking of doing 2 smaller changes (one midweek the other on the weekend) that would equal the same amount I do in one large water change.

Have you considered doing it the same way grumpyfish?

I would say twice a week as opposed to every day, as to not disrupt too much in the tank too frequently... I'm sure there are a million opinions on this though. Personally, I'm a once a week kinda cat myself, unless I need to get something under control I will do twice a week...

No I haven't thought about breaking it up to twice a week I was wondering because I have a 19month old and have less and less time to work on my tank. As far as disrupting the tank to much I would be taking 5 gallons out of the back where the over flow/bio balls are kept and be adding the new water in the back as well.

I dont think more often would be better, since each succesive change will be taking out water that you just changed the day before. I dont think it would be as beneficial as larger, more spaced out changes. JMO.

Ahh now we're talking that's the kinda answer I was looking for although not what I was wanting to hear

I do agree that the 25 every week would be better. The 5 a day is better than nothing though. As long as you are doing them you should be OK.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom