question on my tank cycling evolve 8 nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Absolutley. I want something dead and rotting in there so I can clearly track my cycle..lol

So question then im guessing its a salt tank as well. Do you cycle the tank with fresh water or salt water just to get the BB grown?

Yep! I got the bio cube in place of the 8 because my LFS entirely Mis informed me on stocking options for the 8 gallon..its fully loaded with saltwater and live rock now...just have to throw a few shrimp in tomorro

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131018_014217.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131018_014217.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 61
Day 13..paremeters are still perfect..i elimiated the damsels and added 2 clowns awaiting there final destination of my cycling biocube..i can not see 13 days of fish waste and over feeding my levels should be out of control..im gonna have to go with it being cycled..do you also agree?

If you used live rock you prob wont see a cycle. :)

Thats how i do a new tank. live rock from an existing tank and fish can go right in.

I found the problem. I do have nitrates present! For some reason its not showing on my api test kit though. I took it to my LFS and there they were! So my evo 8 is cycled...and exciting news my biocube tested out of cycling today..its now hosting 2 clowns , ill lef you all know how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom