Rachelle's 180 gal build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a red flashlight today. I can't wait to see what comes out at night. I don't want anything picking on any of my other guys.

you'd be amazed at what comes out at night, i got home from my girlfriends one night peered in and noticed a worry thing comming out of my rock, turned out to be a peanut worm. i was wonterign why i saw pieces of broken off tubes of LR and then i saw the worm so i'm guessign it was its burrow and the tunnals it made in the rocks

Finally some pictures of the new guys I got last weekend. The jawfish pretty much just pokes his head out but he is so cute.

Attachments

• image-77026697.jpg
    image-77026697.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 109
  • image-3139115804.jpg
    image-3139115804.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 97
  • image-1211511906.jpg
    image-1211511906.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 135
  • image-145407542.jpg
    image-145407542.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 113
It is a giant cup/cap mushroom. And I found a better shot of the Midas.

Attachments

• image-3613320406.jpg
    image-3613320406.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 101
i have one too that thing gets huge they say it can possibly trap fish but it closes up so slowly i doubt it lol

He is peaceful as far as non aggressive towards other fish, but he sure has a lot of personality.

That's exactly what i hear and why i want one! And for the color. LOL I also want a swimming fish I can see, the ones in the cube now are kinda hidey hole type fish.

So I'm trying to figure out where I am with this tank stocking wise. Everyone else is doing theirs and I fell left out. Lol. Everything is in this tank now from the 75 plus the few new ones I got/ aquired.

2 snowflake clowns
2 black percs
1 sailfin tang
1 bluespot goby
1 royal gramma
1 purple dottyback
1 solaris wrasse
1 misbar lubbocks fairy wrasse
1 yellow corris wrasse
1 bluespot jawfish
1 midas blenny
1 red mandarin (aquired w 125 I bought)

I bought this tank for a flasher wrasse harem but am starting to worry about overstocking. Plus my girlfriend really wants either a purple tang or a powder brown. What do I do?

See you have to remember that your sump counts as water volume for your bioload, obviously it isn't swimming space but your actual gallon total is around 200 gallons. I would think you could add another tang with your current livestock and be fine.

The whole point of getting the 180 was the wrasse harem. I'm really upset at myself now. I guess she will be happy though.

So I hadn't seen my jawfish in a couple days, but I finally found him while doing
my water change. He managed to find his way into the filter sock for my sump. Poor guy better learn to chill or he's going to have a rough life. I already had to get him out of the overflow once too.

And now he is in the overflow again. I swear I hears him hit the glass before that. Turned around and he darted away. I've never seen anyone chase him and I really don't have aggressive fish in there. The sailfin is the only one who occasionally flares up and he doesn't even do that now that he's separated from the maroon clown who went in the fish only tank.

Is there a way to screen off the overflow? You have me really concerned especially since I have small fish.....

Back
Top Bottom