Rachelle's 180 gal build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you shoudl see a little bit, and if you do decide to put it in your sump be sure to monitor the water just in case, theres nothign wrong with beign to cautious when you're dealing with thousands of dollars in livestock

ahh i was lookign at those, i think i'm going to have to invest in some, a friend is giving me a 6 snails 4 hermits 2 stars and a royal gramma since hes taking his 15g nanocube down. i don't want to risk a big spike when i add that much bioload

I'm getting a direct shipment from Hawaii, I live in Canada so LFS prices are high.

I just realized we are hijacking a thread... a whole page of posts without the original poster is frowned upon

i live in toronto and really the only LFS is big al's, pretty pricey. you can tell from lookign at bigalsonline.com vs the price on their .ca. lighting fixtures are $100 more for us canucks which is a total crock since they are based out of the greater toronto area

i wanted to get fish from liveaquaria, but i'd worry about having them shipped here.

anyways back to the bacteria. have you ever had any negative side effects using it and how long after or do you add it before you put the livestock in

So here is what I just added. Some of it will be only temporary and then will go to the 125 once cycled. I only added one fish the mandarin. Here is the rest as he had it listed.

Live Stock

1 Rose Bubble 10''
2 Finger Leather 10'' wide 10'' hight
3 25head Ducans
4 Two plate corals one 3'' dim one 8'' dim
5 Six Zoes rocks
6 Kenya Tree 5''
7 Neon finger leather 3''
8 Montiapora orange 5'' width
9 sun polpys
10 Four different Acros frage size
11 Four head ducan frag
12 About 50 mushrooms watermelon
13 Acans Green
14 Green elegance
15 Star polpys
16 Two dozen snails
17 Turbo snail
18 Peppermint Shrimp
19 Six Nassarius snails
20 Blue Star Fish small
21 Blue Tuxedo Urchin
22 Pulsing Xenia

Unfortunately had to add a couple decent size rocks since the coral were on them. All of it was in water the whole time. What do you guys think.

Sounds good... but I'm not a fan of softies. I put the bacteria in at the same time and then every 12 hours for two days.

I've tried to add pics but the iPhone app apparently isn't allowing that the last couple days.

My brain coral is not looking so hot. A week ago it looked great. Actually probably the best it's ever looked. Then a couple days later noted the side closest to the rock was starting to fade and show the skeleton. I moved it all the way down on the sand bed even though it was already pretty low. Today I would say you can see over half of the skeleton. Does this mean he is a goner? Anything I can do to save it?

Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate <5
Ph 8.2 SG 1.024. Temp 78

I had the very same thing happen to me recently. It looked fabulous at first then it bleached then the skeleton started showing. I kept it in a spare tank just in case cause based on a thread I started about it people said it could comeback.

The coral def needs to be on the substrate. Is it bleached at all? While mine was dieing the hermits were actually on it eating it too... Do you have a picture?

No not bleached. Maybe a little brown on the edge that seems to be receding away. No hermits or shrimp or anything on it though. I would post a pic but apparently the iPhone app is still jacked up in that dept and can't find my cord to upload onto computer

Back
Top Bottom