Red Sea Max 130 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay before i put pics up of acclimating the cowries and frogspawn we need pics of the frogspawn so here we go. Oh and something important about the frogspawn is that it is bicolor so it is a mixture of purple and green.

Attachments

• IMG_1420.jpg
    IMG_1420.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 177
looks nice! i'm thinking that might get a lot more green under good lighting.
something like this colony i had in a shallow tank-
img_1188671_0_b48c59f40ce363deae92aefa7f73ab5a.jpg

Acclimating pics. sorry you can't see the frogspawn that well but these were the only pics I got okay and the cowries in the bag are to big so guess you guys just get a suckish pic of the frogspawn

Attachments

• IMG_1415.jpg
    IMG_1415.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 151
Oh and the pics of me acclimating the first frags were to big so can't get those up either

Ohh wow is that yours doug? ya I will be diy lights for the red sea max with these light things $450 after all the light upgrading is done but what is really cool about these lights is that they create the shimmer affect but they are just tubes. so really awesome i will also be getting a sunburst anemone and am currently saving for tyree le space monsters.

Okay I find a awesome new place for my nucalear palys but the pic is again to big so there for you will have to look at it in my FTS and when I put pics upp of the sun polyps

yeah, it was mine. i broke my tanks down to prepare for a move, so everything is gone. i'll have another as soon as i can though. i sure do miss the reef.
i've never heard of a sunburst anemone. i googled them and they remind me of those mini carpets. pretty neat.

ya they are pretty cool although really expensive just for one small anemone $300 use to be $1000

Okay i am working on loading up pics for the grand finale the sun polyps tomorrow i will post pics of MINE open

Okay the time everyone has been waiting for the sun polyp! the first pic is mine but he isn't trained to come out during the day yes you have to drain the to come out lol so the second isn't mine but it is what it would look like when they come out so ya Oh and it is the orang thing in the middle this was the only pics that was small enough to fit. You can see the nucalear palys new home in the pic to =)

Attachments

• IMG_1431.jpg
    IMG_1431.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 136
  • images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    11.4 KB · Views: 250
That is all the pics for now... I am going to try to find a local dealer for a red mandarine but if not hello liveaquaria lol tell me what you think.

if you put the sun coral in a shadowed area, that might help.
i would not put a mandarin in a 34 gallon tank. especially not a new one. i don't think there is nearly enough food for it.

and as for the "sunburst anemone", livestock is only worth what you are willing to pay for it. if people keep spending hundreds of dollars for something with a little extra color, they are going to keep the prices high.
if you just wait it out, the prices come down eventually.

well i'd probably trust liveaquaria over a local dealer unless you knew them very well, i'm sure liveaquaria would give you a nice fat specimen, but obviously like X said unless you're gonna supplement pods or train it to prepared food i'd not put one in a 34G

you might look into ORA mandarins. i have heard they release them after they've been trained to eat prepared foods. check with your local LFS (if you can trust them), and see if they have an account with ORA and can order one for you.

Ya i will put it in a shaded spot i have a lfs that I can trust but don't carry red mandarines and don't account with ORA they said you had to sort of train it to come out beacause they said if you squirt some coral food on it it will come out to feed but it comes out during night so you have to put food on it during the day I am using rod's food. Do you think live aquaria could get a ORA red mandarine I have got special orders threw them before

yeah they'll occasionally get a mandarin in the WYSIWYG section, but they seem to go fast. not ORA, but the same thing.

btw the sunburst is awesome! i don't see to many with tentacles out that far! he must've be huuuuungry!:slurp:

in the ocean, sun corals grow in shaded areas, not in direct light. this is why i mentioned to place it in a shadowed area. yes, you can train them to open in the day, but i don't think you are going to be able to do so in direct light, half way up the rock.

if it's not an ORA mandarin (the selling point of those is that they are already eating prepared foods)then it's not the same. i suggest against purchasing a mandarin that doesn't eat prepared foods for a 34 gallon tank. it's very likely to starve.

Ya i moved the sun polyp down to a little shaded cave area and i can still see it I have got it to come out somewhat during the day but not completely

in the ocean, sun corals grow in shaded areas, not in direct light. this is why i mentioned to place it in a shadowed area. yes, you can train them to open in the day, but i don't think you are going to be able to do so in direct light, half way up the rock.

if it's not an ORA mandarin (the selling point of those is that they are already eating prepared foods)then it's not the same. i suggest against purchasing a mandarin that doesn't eat prepared foods for a 34 gallon tank. it's very likely to starve.

sorry X, i meant to add that the ones they get on the WYSIWYG section are eating prepared foods, kinda big bit of info i left out haha

so if you're looking around there read the description where it states the size and if it is eating prepared, it'll say so

Back
Top Bottom