Red Sea Max 130 Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

the_fish_man

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey just got a red sea max today from a guy off of craigslist. and have started to put it together and decided to make a thread on it. So It is a 34 gallon version 130 (I don't know how much sand is in it but it is like 5 inches thick) over 40 pounds of lr two baby lps and one kind of a mushroom thing... Oh and LOTS of aiptasia I have started to kill it with joes juice and aiptasia x. But I need to buy some more already.
stock:
2 black percula clowns (gonna breed them the store i got them from was breeding them so thumbs up for that)
1 sea urchin
1 flame angel
1 pistol shrimp
Some hermit crabs A lot of them are empty shells but some have snails lol
And on like scooter thing? I don't know what it is but i think i am going to get rid of it.

Future stock list:
Starfish
Green or red mandarine
goby

And I will be getting those if anything dies. I have a couple mods by stevie t with the skimmer and filter and will get pics of them so you can see.
I will try to get pics up of the filling and the lr getting moved in

I'd throw in a couple peppermint shrimp and let them munch on the aiptasia!!

Ya i actually didn't know they eat aiptasia. But i am debating were to buy my first anemone i am going to get the shrimp before the anemone but i got to decide what kind of anemone to get. So any ideas?

My first anemone was a bubble tip and I love it. Though i wish I bought a rose variety instead of brown.

Is it hard to take care of? Do you know if black percula clownfish like bubble tip? I have seen those and they are very cool.

Filling the tank

1st one is putting the sand in then putting the rocks in and filling then last is the fish in the bucket.

Attachments

• IMG_1226.jpg
    IMG_1226.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_1227.jpg
    IMG_1227.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_1230.jpg
    IMG_1230.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 333
Oh ya those pics were from yesterday so tonight we have some more pics of what we did today. It has cleared up and if anybody knows what the mushroom thing is on the pics please tell me. Little polyps are starting to come out of it. Its so cool

Forgot this one this was from when i first put he fish in

this is of the 2 clownfish when i put them in yesterday they were the only ones out for pics

Attachments

• IMG_1236.jpg
    IMG_1236.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 279
PICS!

First two are me getting the timer set up on the tank. Then the corals that are in it now You have to looke a little close on the 3rd though but there are to frogspawns there.

Attachments

• IMG_1240.jpg
    IMG_1240.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_1242.jpg
    IMG_1242.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1244.jpg
    IMG_1244.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1251.jpg
    IMG_1251.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 243
Thanks
It is actually pretty cool because it is almost silent and all the filteration is in the back It is like all you have to do is mantain it not much.

2 more pics

The first is some kind of polyp Then a couple pics of my fishies today and sea urchin =)

Attachments

• IMG_1259.jpg
    IMG_1259.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1252.jpg
    IMG_1252.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1261.jpg
    IMG_1261.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 200
Back
Top Bottom