Red worms in my live sand and live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Denny2424

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
image-2441100028.jpg

I have a lot of weird looking worms in my tank does anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them?

They look like bristle worms mate some people say they r good others say they r bad , you can bye traps or make them but don't touch them the bristles on there sides sting

They are usually good for the tank - help clear out decay and turn the sand pretty good. But like Alfie said, don't touch them.

A six line wrasse will eat them though. They are pretty good at taking care of pests.

They are starting to take over my tank. Do u know if a 6 line wrasse will get along with my clown fish? My tank is only 30 gal. I appreciate all the information.

They are starting to take over my tank. Do u know if a 6 line wrasse will get along with my clown fish? My tank is only 30 gal. I appreciate all the information.

I have one in my 45 gal with a pair of clowns and they hang out a lot. The 6 Line kind of drew the two clowns out. They stayed at the top right corner of the tank until I added the 6 Line. Now they are all over the place.

I have a six line and 2 clowns in a 40 gal and they get along fine. Six lines are really hardy and easy to take care of. They aren't aggressive, but they will hold their own ground.

just cut back on feeding and you'll see less of them. their population and sizes will shrink with the available food supply. you are overfeeding.
-a 6 line wrasse will not eat large bristle worms. only the babies.

It's funny u say that about your clown fish I noticed mine have been hang out in the same corner lately. I'm going to get a 6 line wrasse tonight. I will definitely cut back on the feeding also.

just a FYI- i have fed a 150 gallon reef tank 2 x a week for about a year and the fish are quite healthy and anything but thin looking.

Wow I've been feeding 2x a day. I really need to cut down.

Wow I've been feeding 2x a day. I really need to cut down.

I have been feeding once a day but very little. I have been seeing a small film of algae on the tank walls after a couple of days without cleaning. I have resisted but, I am going to go to every other day and see how it goes. My wife would devorce me if I only feed them twice a week. She may force me to eat only twice a week. LOL

Lol. I don't think my girlfriend even knows where the kitchen is. I'll cut back on the feeding and add the six line wrasse hopefully that will help kill them off. I might do a coral banded shrimp also.

Back
Top Bottom