Refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonniewoodruff

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just added a refugium on the back of my 65 gallon tank. The light stays on all the time(that is what I was told to do)I have some algea growing on the sand and on the acrylic. I bought some macro algea but it died(was in the wrong spot and I didn't see it until it was too late) Do I add a cleanup crew to it, leave it alone??? I have macroalgea ordered for it. Thanks for any help.:confused:

I just added a refugium on the back of my 65 gallon tank. The light stays on all the time(that is what I was told to do)I have some algea growing on the sand and on the acrylic. I bought some macro algea but it died(was in the wrong spot and I didn't see it until it was too late) Do I add a cleanup crew to it, leave it alone??? I have macroalgea ordered for it. Thanks for any help.:confused:

How old is this tank?

Don't worry you are supposed to leave the light on all the time!!:) my light stays on all the time cuz I talked to a professional about cuz I wasent sure when I first started my aquarium either!!!

Tank is about 3 months old but I added the refgium about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Tank seems good but sand and sides of Refugium are brown/red algea on them

Yes thats normal that shows you how much nutrient are in your water this is why i always reccommend fugi as nutrient are takin up by macro it will starve all other algaes even the red and brown

Tank is about 3 months old but I added the refgium about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Tank seems good but sand and sides of Refugium are brown/red algea on them

It's the same with mine. I have my fuge for 4 days now and hair algae grows in there. I think that is common.

Back
Top Bottom