Restarting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUEaquarium06

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everybody, I used to be on here all the time and then I went away to school and switched over from fish tanks to reptiles. My girlfriend and I plan on doing a 38 gallon rimless tank again. I have most of the stuff required already, but the last saltwater tanks I had I feel like I screwed up with the lights. I want to do it right this time so basically I need some advice on what to get for good LEDs that won't break the bank. Thanks in advance!

What is your goal? The taotronics leds are a great price and can keep anything photosynthetic under them. One unit will cover the tank.
I haven't really decided what the goal is yet. My previous tanks I had trouble keeping coral, so I want something that really leaves my options wide open. So I can basically have whatever corals I want in there within reason

Also if you wouldn't mind could you send me a link to the ones you referred to on Amazon or something, I can't seem to find them. Only led strips and headphones lol

Would something like this works, I'm not that intelligent when it comes to lights it turns out haha, but I really want to make sure I'm not just blowing money. These look good, 165 watts, dimmable, and don't have to be hung. But I'd like your opinion

://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01K3AQ8JS?ref=olp_product_details

Okay well I had the size of my tank wrong, its a 29 gallon rimless. I just purchased 2 sunsun 530gph powerheads. those should be adequate right? And I believe i decided on the lights, I am thinking i have decided on the AI Prime set up. I went into my lfs and talked to them about the lights and they pointed me in that direction. I just want to know if anyone has any experience with them.

Back
Top Bottom