salinty during cloudiness?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

george9617

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so encountered a problem. I purchased two bags of sand and rinsed then for what felt like hours and felt like I was wasting a lot of sand. Wouldn't u know it I still got a cloud when I put sand in. I still haven't adjust salinity levels and was wondering if the Cloudiness would throw off salinity reading. Should I wait til it clears. Thanks ahead of time

Yea only bad thing is I cleaned my skimmer so its not doing anything yet. As for salinity I used two 50g bags that would make salinity .21 I want it at .25 does the amount of salt per gallon sound about right

Also is this the type of cloudiness that goes away by turning all pumps off or is filtration only way.

You want around 1.023 to 1.025 for reef tanks and 1.020 to 1.023 for Fowlr tanks. And it will go away by itself after a day or 2. Atleast mine did!

If you have any rock make sure that it goes in now and it will clear up in a couple days. Cloudiness will not throw off salinity.

Aw man I read 15 min before I have to call it a night but ii didn't not think of the rock. Why would it filter that stuff anyway.

If it is live or even semi live it has beneficial bacteria which will filter the water.

It'll probably take a couple days for the sand to settle. Perfectly normal.

Its still the exact same, the skimmer started working then a few hours later it wasn't skimming anymore and this is after 24hrs I cannot do a water change I don't have cash til fri :(

Its still the exact same, the skimmer started working then a few hours later it wasn't skimming anymore and this is after 24hrs I cannot do a water change I don't have cash til fri :(

If you have a spare powerfilter you could hang one and use double floss and carbon to clear up the sand issue.

If you have a sump a filter sock will work well, otherwise its gonna take a few days to clear.

Hmmmi do have extra filter but no carbon or floss filter. Can I use a partical of clothing

I realize no one answered my last msg but to add on to the person that cares enough I have another question. Can put my livestock in tank while cloudy from sand. Will it have any neg affects

I realize no one answered my last msg but to add on to the person that cares enough I have another question. Can put my livestock in tank while cloudy from sand. Will it have any neg affects

I would wait. I killed a chromis in cloudy water. That was the only thing that could of done it imo, and mine wasnt as cloudy. Just think would u wanna breathe that?

I would wait. I killed a chromis in cloudy water. That was the only thing that could of done it imo, and mine wasnt as cloudy. Just think would u wanna breathe that?

+1 on the filter socks. Work great.

My god ur right I imagine breathing in a bunch of bull, I willl wait. U made a difference tonight sir :)

My god ur right I imagine breathing in a bunch of bull, I willl wait. U made a difference tonight sir :)

Madame! Ya better off waiting even tho it sucks. Better than killing fish or losing $ also.

Back
Top Bottom