Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Setting up a new Tank

I currently have a 15 gallon nano tank that has been up and running for over a year now. I'm hoping to move everything into a 30 gallon tank for some more room and more fish. Everything is perfect right now with water parameters. My questions are how can I transport everything into the new tank, I want to use my existing sand, live rocks and water and just add to it. What would the process be to do this? Thanks for all the help

Old 01-19-2013, 11:11 PM   #2

Do I need to add anything to new water?

Old 01-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper23 View Post
I currently have a 15 gallon nano tank that has been up and running for over a year now. I'm hoping to move everything into a 30 gallon tank for some more room and more fish. Everything is perfect right now with water parameters. My questions are how can I transport everything into the new tank, I want to use my existing sand, live rocks and water and just add to it. What would the process be to do this? Thanks for all the help
In my opinion there is no easy way to do this. What type of 30 gallon tank is it? Sump?

If it were me I would first mix about 20 gallons. Then syphon out necessary tank water into a separate bucket to hold ur current fish. Catch them and put them into the buckets. Then syphon the rest of the tank water into the new tank. transfer all rock, sand and coral to new tank. Add needed new mix water. Then once filtering and running for a little check salinity. Then add fish.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #4

No sump, just 2 marineland hang on back filters, enough for 100 gallon tank. What about my old tank, I still want to use it for a quarantine tank. It has some great coralline all over it. How long can I keep it ok with no water in it?
Old 01-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Agree with 200 gal did the same with a upgrade everything is fine. As for old tank mix up some more water and fill it up.

Tags
setting up, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com