Setting up new tank, question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is very expensive new. Look around on craigslist for someone doing an office demolition.

I don't disaggree with you on that. But $13 is hard to part with for some piece of plastic. Of course I just spent $13 on a T and ball valve or my RO/DI, so I guess it is perspective.

I don't disaggree with you on that. But $13 is hard to part with for some piece of plastic. Of course I just spent $13 on a T and ball valve or my RO/DI, so I guess it is perspective.

Well I was just comparing it to some of the other stuff, We really spend too much gettingout tanks set up the way we want. Heck, I bought a 55 with stand just to set up a temp tank to keep my fish safe while I changed out their home. Once the job is completed it's going into storage just in case. Now while I didn't spend a lot (60 bucks) on the tank it's 60 bucks I could have put towards my other hobby (shooting stuff:dance:).

After the day I've had I almost thought about combining my hobbies.:hide:

I would have bought a brute trash can that could be used for water storage. Well now you have a 55 that could be used as a sump.

I would have bought a brute trash can that could be used for water storage. Well now you have a 55 that could be used as a sump.

I have a brute can full of live rock and water, a 55 gal tank full of live rock and toadstool leathers and fish, and another 32 gal can full of live sand.

And if the 55 was 4 inches lower I could use it as a sump, and may try anyway,:hide:

Well it's up and running. Now waiting for it to become stable before moving the residents back it.

Well my tank has been set up for a few days. I have had NO ammonia spike of any kind, my water levels seem to be right where they are supposed to be.

However, my yellow tang that is still in the 55 gal seems to be loosing color, could this be from lack of light (I do NOT have as much light on the 55 as I do on the main), or could it be stressing in the smaller envoirment?

I was going to wait until Monday to start moving the occupants back but I do not want to loose any fish.

The yellow tang is the only one looking faded, the rest still look normal.

Should I wait, or should I go ahead and place them back in the main.

The main was set back up with live rock and live sand that was kept fresh in a big plastic container with power heads and heaters.

Wow, used to you could ask a question around here and get 25 replies in an hour. Guess things change.:facepalm:

dralarms said:
Wow, used to you could ask a question around here and get 25 replies in an hour. Guess things change.:facepalm:

I would say wait.When I had a yellow tang before I traded him in he would lighten up in color and sometimes show his stress stripe when I rearranged rock or messed with the tank.I have left my tank with no lights on for a couple days when gone and my fish did fine.He should be ok.

I would say wait.When I had a yellow tang before I traded him in he would lighten up in color and sometimes show his stress stripe when I rearranged rock or messed with the tank.I have left my tank with no lights on for a couple days when gone and my fish did fine.He should be ok.

Thanks, his color is back to normal today, I started moving some of my toadstool leathers into the main today. Small steps.

dralarms said:
Thanks, his color is back to normal today, I started moving some of my toadstool leathers into the main today. Small steps.

Sounds like a plan to me.Good luck.

Well, got my clean up crew today, everything looks good. Now to put the fish back in the tank.:dance::dance:

Back
Top Bottom