skimmer for 20 gal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_fanatic

Aquarium Advice Activist
What kind of skimmer should I get for a 20 gal. fish only tank. The only things that will be in there are 2 small fish and a few crabs or shrimp. There will also be some fake coral and other decorations.

I currently have a CPR bak Pak 2R on my 20g long reef tank, it has done an excellent job. I am upgrading to an AquaC remora and will be selling my bak pak, if your interested, shoot me a pm.

Its a "Super Skimmer I" made for tanks up to 30 gallons. Its made by Coralife. Price is $46.99 Canadian

those super skimmers arent that great and i cant say how well they would do on a 20g tank. Id look into something like the aquac or the bak pak. Or even just diy one yourself. Theyre not that difficult

It looks to be a co-current air driven skimmer, after purchasing an air pump capable of running it, your likely to be up around the same price range of a poor venturi skimmer. FWIW, that is an in tank skimmer and will eat up some of your room as well as make it a pain to fit your hood to the tank.

Also...co-current is the least efficient skimmer design. Since the air and water are moving in the same direction, you don't get good contact at all.

Back
Top Bottom