Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And another downer update. The purple nana is bleaching and not doing well now. I'm thinking that the power being out had the nitrates/phosphates not being exported and stressed the acros out too much. Not sure, I'll be keeping an eye on it. Not really sure what else to do for it at this point.

Sniperhank said:
And another downer update. The purple nana is bleaching and not doing well now. I'm thinking that the power being out had the nitrates/phosphates not being exported and stressed the acros out too much. Not sure, I'll be keeping an eye on it. Not really sure what else to do for it at this point.

Buy a battery back up or a generator!!!

Lol yeah, not many weather issues in pa other than snow, but still, if it did this to your tank...

How much do they cost?

Shrug. I was less concerned about a battery backup and more concerned about saving up my money and buying a house with township water. If I'd be in a situation where I'd be without power for days I do have access to a generator as a family member owns a radio station. We borrowed it 4 years ago when we didn't have power for 3 days after a storm.

Sniperhank said:
Well, now I've noticed my orange plating monti has bleach spots in the middle of it. Advice here?

Tough luck sniper that's sux to hear. Have you done a water change yet? If not give that a go.

No I haven't, just because the end of my work week is overwhelming. Thoughts on this event just being a catalyst to an underlying issue here...lighting. I have 2 radions over the tank. I have a pink domicornis and my new birds nest about 24 inches below them. The tips are...odd. They have no polyp extention and the color is faded. Yet, I have a green domicornis in the sandbed that just keeps growing. Even though I keep turning down the lights...could it be too much light and all of this weeks events just been too much for them?

The lighting could be a factor, I know alot of people have problems when switching over to LEDs but once they get things acclimated to it they grow well.

Sniperhank said:
No I haven't, just because the end of my work week is overwhelming. Thoughts on this event just being a catalyst to an underlying issue here...lighting. I have 2 radions over the tank. I have a pink domicornis and my new birds nest about 24 inches below them. The tips are...odd. They have no polyp extention and the color is faded. Yet, I have a green domicornis in the sandbed that just keeps growing. Even though I keep turning down the lights...could it be too much light and all of this weeks events just been too much for them?

That could definitely be it, cant you adjust that online? Id lower it a bit more and see how it does.

OK, so I ended up losing the 2 acros. I was upset about it so I ordered 3 new acan lords that will be here tomorrow. I ordered them off cherrycorals.com. So far I'm impressed. Brett, the guy who runs the joint, has been emailing me about the shipment and how they were prior to shipping. If they look as amazing when I get them, I'll be sold. Final part of the day, I had to tear apart some of my rockwork to get at my GBTA. He put himself as far back as he could on the glass during my power outage. So, I gently pulled him off the glass and made him a nice spot on the rock where I could see him. As he readjusted, it is very noticeable that there are 2 nems there now. So, I'll have 2 GBTAs eventually.

Oh, how could I have forgot the most important part? I finally adjusted my radions! Man, it is no surprise things were cooking in there. They were at factory setting for 100% for 8 hours. I adjusted it to be a nice bell curve, peeking at noon around 85% power. Things should be much happier now.

Lol that's a pretty pricey purchase! I've been tempted to buy from them but I'm broke and I'd rather fix the problems in my tank first. And 100%?! That's a lot. Im sure you'll see better results at 85%, you might even need to lower it more..

Hey Sniper,
With all the bleaching you've experienced, and SPS with black polyps, and algae issues, I've really been scratching my head about your situation, since you had said your Radions were at 10%. Couldn't get my head around what could possibly be going on. Even making me second guess LED, altogether. 100% power explains it all, figuring this out should help you all around. As long as you stay up on your less than desirable water source, you should see a drastic turn-around.
Best of luck, Hank!

I'm glad you figured out the lighting issue! I have really been hoping things would turn around. Sounds like you may have just figured it out!

AND IT'S NEW ACAN LORD DAY! Cherrycorals.com is amazing. Just saying. Give this guy your money!
img_2052304_0_61ac8d4e9e8fcea953d630a4ad139798.jpg

img_2052304_1_c1aa00a62b26e3c746d218430af8c972.jpg

img_2052304_2_991df0f58496454b98b98d8cdac601a1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom