Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if my peramitors are all good I really don't need that stuff. Is it generally used in a case by case bases or do people run that all the time. Never heard of it until tonight

Steve silbernagel said:
So if my peramitors are all good I really don't need that stuff. Is it generally used in a case by case bases or do people run that all the time. Never heard of it until tonight

I run a carbon reactor, denitrifier, and I'm purchasing a GFO reactor soon. All these, plus my skimmer run 24/7. Right now instead of GFO I use phosban.

Steve silbernagel said:
How do I know if I need it or not. Is it good just to run it period

It's all filtration needed to keep your system as healthy as possible. What you use is personal preference. Usually there is at least carbon and some form of phosphate removal and a slimmer used on a system. In the event that the Live rock is not adequate in the tank, some will use bio balls as a supplement as well.
Denitrifiers, bio pellets, uv sterilizers, etc are usually personal preference as to whether or not to be used.

Sorry to the op for taking over the thread. Lol

All good. I would have answered that, but it is my roll over day at work. I am curremtly running on my system a 150 gal rated reef octopus skimmer, dual reactor w/ carbon and gfo (carbon to be replaced by purigen), and what remains of my fuge...a money plant....hami-something or other. Some of the local reefers who hear about my swtup think it is all overkill...but yet the algae issue isnt under control due to my bad water. Im going to attempt to make 5 gallons of ro/di today after work and take apart the pump on my skimmer since it isnt working right still. Rains it pours scenario continues on my tank lol.

Ok, now reading 0 tds. Made 5 gallons of ro/di and got 6 gallons from the store. Things are looking up...as long as work would play that game. I'm down 4 employees in a very short period of time. Pretty tired and still haven't done my pwc for the week or taken apart my skimmer pump.

Things have been doing well in the 55. The new acan lords are just looking amazing. The other acan lords that were in there are looking even better too. I'm assuming this is from finally fixing my lighting situation. Going to look around some tomorrow for other people's settings and compare to mine. By the time I'm done I'm going to end up having 800 some points on my curve and prob end up having a more blue look. Just doing it all very slowly. I lost my acros and the flowerpot might be on his way out. Not extending at all, so we'll see what happens. I wanted to trade him off anyway and make room for other things. Cool coral, just takes up too much space.

Will be ordering more pods and some hermits. Going to be adding a serpent star too I think...I had a whole thing typed up and I redid my whole order. I'm getting a ton of pods. Epic ton. 4 bags of algagen pods. See how things go with these since I have written off reefs2go all together. There was some dragon's breath macro in saltwaterfish's WYSIWYG section...just not spending 50 bucks on the stuff!

What did reefs2go do that was bad? I'm glad you fixed your lighting, thats great. I think I used to have some dragons breath, i might still have it actually.. Why so expensive? Mine was free :D

What happened with reefs2go bc there somewhat close for me maybe 3 hrs north of me. Seemed to have good prices too. If y have negitive feedback I'd like to hear it plz

I ordered from them 6 times. Every order either had one DOA or just didn't have one of the things I ordered saying on a piece of paper in the box "out of stock" or "wasn't ready for shipment". Totally not professional at all.

I ordered well over 100polyps from reefs2go and ended up with maybe 5 that were viable over several shipments. Got a credit for the bad ones and the next batch were just as bad. I would steer clear as far as corals, not sure how their fish and inverts are but I'm too worried to try them again. :-(

My coral beauty is one of their fish. It is the only one that arrived alive. The last shipment I got from them I was very surprised, it wasn't like any of the ones I had before...but I threw a fit about that one. Many passive aggressive notes regarding "ALL OF THIS SHIPMENT NEEDS TO BE ALIVE" and others... I have one SPS from that order too...it is doing well, just the plug that it came on was literally falling apart. Even though there was improvement there is no way I'm testing the waters again.

Carey, where do you order your pods from? I'm trying this alga somethin or other stuff for the first time. They say that one bottle is enough to get things going...I have 4 on the way... And hows the mandarin? I SWEAR THESE TOPICS AREN'T TIED TOGETHER...

I've thought about building a 10g breeder tank for pods. Do u think it would be benifital and easy to get started. Don't mean to go off topic and all

It could also be used as a sick tank. I'm working on it myself as we speak. Should be up in a couple of weeks bc my LFS said if I can wait he will hook me up macro and a bunch of pods

Kinda a plus living in Florida. I just found out today that a friend of mine goes diving down in the keys and the Bahamas a lot. He told me that he's got a license to bring back fish and coral kinda interested to see if he brings me back something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom