Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
img_2429966_0_f5d2ddad3e618d04585c00acd4309956.jpg

img_2429966_1_049f6c37efded372710a8e1711f5d055.jpg

img_2429966_2_4e3aefd1a18b154de9c46b08c4462a64.jpg

The war coral was a steal for 20 bucks. Other was 80, but I had been watching 2 in the diver's den for awhile and when it was the only one left I needed something to go with the war coral to make it worth it.

U could get screens made like frames with mesh that will drop right In to the tank lip and use larger size mesh so it dosnt affect ur lighting that's what's going on mine when it's set up

Yeah, I just don't think I need the top. Don't think it'll be an issue, I've only ever had 1 fish jump and it was one of my clown pair...which is odd and probably from a power surge. I'd rather put my money towards a new tank/stand project.
Fed today, which is not in the normal schedule. Wanted to make sure the engineer was doing ok. He did stick his head out and eat a piece of mysis. Good to know. He is sharing a spot under a large rock that my serpent star is under. He has a couple other nice holes in there too. Pretty neat.

Holy Crap...I'm looking at my tank to keep an eye on what the engineer is doing. Paranoia maybe since there is egg crate under everything holding the rock up... The marine betta is floating there staring at me. I can't believe it is still there. Haven't seen it forever. My tank is way overstocked.

Holy Crap...I'm looking at my tank to keep an eye on what the engineer is doing. Paranoia maybe since there is egg crate under everything holding the rock up... The marine betta is floating there staring at me. I can't believe it is still there. Haven't seen it forever. My tank is way overstocked.

I hope the new goby doesn't bury your corals! Picture?

No interest out of him in terms of burying the corals. He has picked a rock and already moved a ton of sand. That being said, we'll see if tax refund will be a new tank instead of tattoo work.

No interest out of him in terms of burying the corals. He has picked a rock and already moved a ton of sand. That being said, we'll see if tax refund will be a new tank instead of tattoo work.

Tanks come and go. Tattoos are forever. GET THE TAT!

Lol u should be kicked out of the forum for a blasphemies statement like that Jk

I definitely have an addiction to this hobby. I needed more pods, so I waited for the BOGO deal from reefs2go. Ended up getting a handful of snails as well, that the pyramid snails won't devour, and a rainbow monti.

Also, for those of us who have a refugium, how do you keep hair algae from growing on your macros?

I can't say bout anyone else but I don't get hair algae in my fuge. I got several types of macro in there with some mangrove. I run two skimmers, UV, and several reactors containing Rowa phos, purigen, and chemi pure. I also feed ALOT lol.

Hm, I have a reef octopus rated at a 150 gal setup and 2 reactors running high efficiency GFO and purigen. Still can't get rid of the stuff when I feed twice a week.

I can't say bout anyone else but I don't get hair algae in my fuge. I got several types of macro in there with some mangrove. I run two skimmers, UV, and several reactors containing Rowa phos, purigen, and chemi pure. I also feed ALOT lol.

That's the same way I am. Hair algae just won't grow there. But it most definitely does in the chamber next to it. It's really all about the water changes with clean and healthy water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom