So I'm finally starting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also for stock list does anyone see a problem with this
3 green chromis
1 royal gramma
1 shrimp goby
1 dwarf angel

The angel is the one I'm really curious about

New tank cover built and cycle seems to be moving along . I would like to thank the member who posted a similar cover but I can not remember so thanks again. Sorry I don't remember your name.

Attachments

• image-1249381640.jpg
    image-1249381640.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 106
  • image-4146612307.jpg
    image-4146612307.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 93
Looks good! I like the eggcrate look for the cover however I am searching for something that will help prevent evaporation. I was also thinking about trying to find it in black if anything. Where do you get something like that?

The rock looks great too and will look even better when it gets its color. You made some spaces for the fish to swim and hide in which they love of course.

Very nice so far. It looks really clean.

Yeah that's true. I guess evaporation is supposed to happen hence the use of un-salted r/o water to top off the tank. I am going to do this, and look for black peices this weekend if that website doesnt have any. Im checking it out now. Im at work 0_o

I checked out that website they have a bunch of cool designs. I feel more comfortable running over to home depot to see if they have something that I can cut out my brackets for my light fixture and the filer and when my protein skimmer comes I'll have to do that too.

Sweet. That'll work for me. I'm stoked. Hopefully Home Depot won't be too packed this weekend with it being Black Friday and all.

Coel said:
New tank cover built and cycle seems to be moving along . I would like to thank the member who posted a similar cover but I can not remember so thanks again. Sorry I don't remember your name.

Can I ask what you used to make the hinge for the door opening? Are they just small plastic hinges? Are they just plastic circles?

Beengirl said:
Can I ask what you used to make the hinge for the door opening? Are they just small plastic hinges? Are they just plastic circles?

Looks like loose zipties.

Nice tank btw.

hey my shrimp looks like its down to almost only the shell.... would it be best to add another to keep feeding the ammo--> nitrite bacteria?

So I haven't really noticed a decrease in nitrites, what could cause a cycle to stall there? Or does it just take longer than the ammo-nitrite step

NitrIte spikes are the longest in the cycle.. could take a couple weeks for that bacteria to fully establish itself.

Nitrites take FOREVER to come down. The bacteria that eats the nitrite takes longer to reproduce. :(

Back
Top Bottom