starting a 72 gallon! need some help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiltymj

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys. So before I thought I was only going to be doing a 36 gallon tank then I thought I was going to be doing a 55 but i has come down to the fact and I am getting a 72 gallon bow front tank.

I want to be able to have any option of fish. coral and nem that will go with a 72 gallon tank so any help is appreciated on what type of lights, sumps, and skimmers I need

I will not be actually putting it all together until I move into my new apartment in either mid july or beginning of august.

Can I get some examples of sumps? And sorry but what is an mh

Metal halide. You could also go with leds. MH will be phased out in the next five years.

So your saying that LED are exactly like MH lighting?

I would say equivalent. They run cooler and last a lot longer. Can cost a lot more up front but if you can make them yourself you will save a lot of money.

it's dependent on the fixture whether it's equivalent or not.

some of the fixtures are not suitable for reefs.

Well what would be a good fixture for a 72 gallon bow

O wow thats really cool. but I wanna make sure I can have any option of coral I want and make sure everything has what it needs so if it has really cool features like that and also is really good for the tank ill definitely spend a litte more

Back
Top Bottom