starting a bio cube.. sites for beginners? any bio cube info?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hey all,

i've decided today, after seeing a bio cube in the store, that i'm gonna start a small salt tank. i THOUGHT the one in store was 20gal but i'm only seeing the 14 & 29gal online. should i start w/ the 29 or the 14? i would say 14 but how many fish/inverts/soft corals could i get??

any sites anyone can link me to about beginning or step by step start up would be greatly appreciated.

also, any beginner advice anyone wants to offer would be great too.

i'm thinking i'll get the tank for christmas so i have some time to research. & my lps for salt is really helpful so i know they'll set me right. they only get naturally caught fish & wont sell you something you dont have room for so they're pretty good dudes

anyway, whatever anyone can offer up would rock

thanks

I have the 29g biocube and would recommend you go with the largest tank you can afford and fit in your house. lol It will make for a more stable tank and also give you more options fish wise. :)

cool beans thanks carey :)

how many fish/inverts/corals/liverocks would you suggest for a FIRST TIMER in the 29gal??

and what mods, if any, should i do to the biocube off the bat to ensure a smoother journey to Salttopia lol

any & all help is tre'appreciated!! lol

thanks again yall

As far as fish it kinda depends on the fish. If you can get a good balance of sand dwellers, rock dwellers and open swimmers i think you might be able to get away with 5 fish or so. As far as coral and inverts you can place as many as you have room for pretty much. :) I wouldnt get 100 snails ro anything but you can fit quite a bit in the 29g cube.

The only thing I added or purchased other than the cube was a power head and a heater and this mod for the filter

BioCube 29 Package Deal - Aquarium Filtration Upgrades & Supplies

If you watch the videos you can see excatly what it does and how it goes in the back compartment. It does away with the bioballs that are stock.

awesome!! thank you so much!!

i figure i'll start w/ 2 gobys, a clown & whatever else catches my eye lol plus shrimps .. i'd love to get a puffer but i'm worried about how easily they stress & i would assume they need more than a 29gal

No problem. :) Just as a warning, before stocking you should probably research the fish you are steered to before buying. many an lfs has suggested tangs and other inappropriate fish for tanks so it's always better to research yourself before bringing anything home.

Back
Top Bottom