Starting New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DMLang

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey All,
Just getting started trying to gather info.
We have a 220 gallon double overflow tank.
Making it saltwater.

Looking to have a coral reef. But my question is can we have coral reef fish with a shark and/or sting ray.

what types are safe to have together.

any advice would be helpful
thanks

I don't think either sharks or rays would work in a reef but I've never kept either. I'm interested to hear what equipment works out for you as I soon plan to upgrade to either a 180 or 220.

I found out today that there are reef sharks that you can add to the tank and they would be fine. When I get the names of them I will let you know

I found out today that there are reef sharks that you can add to the tank and they would be fine. When I get the names of them I will let you know

There are several "Reef sharks" as in sharks that naturally live in the worlds reefs. I cannot think of a single shark that is reef safe, again I don't own any so I can only speak for what I've learned by research. Sharks have a lot of special requirements as to their environment to be healthy. I don't know if I should post links to other sites, but this seems to have a lot of information.

Sharks

If you decide to go shark good luck.. Looks like a lot of work. Sure would be cool tho :)

Back
Top Bottom