Starting new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ljk09

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm going to buy a saltwater tank in the near future. What should I look at when buying used? I don't want to get jyped out of money if I could get a better deal buying new. People sometimes over price their aquariums.

What size tank are you thinking of getting? Cause I bought a used 145 gallon on Craigslist for $50.00 and it came with the stand and everything for it and the lights too

image-612895053.jpg

Dreamsound1 said:
What size tank are you thinking of getting? Cause I bought a used 145 gallon on Craigslist for $50.00 and it came with the stand and everything for it and the lights too

Lucky. I was thinking 55+ I'd like a larger tank, rather than a small one starting out.

yes look on craigs list, especially is you live in or live by a rich area you can come across alot of good deals on tanks. if you find a good deal on a glass tank make sure the silicone thats holding it together isnt rotting away. and if you find an acrylic tank make sure its not too scratched. if it is scractched but its at a really good price you can always work on it and remove the scratches as long as they arent too deep. same goes for glass, its pretty easy actually, you can contact me if thats every the case, ive done it many times on both glass and acrylic. im fairly new at this myself but if you're looking to do reef you might want to get a tank thats already drilled... or you can buy new online, glasscages.com has good prices on all types of tanks even their custom tanks. they have horrible customer service but if you get something simple through them and inspect every inch of the tank before taking it off the truck then you should be ok

good luck

Back
Top Bottom