Stocking List Ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cashmoney6980

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well my 125 gallon build is almost complete. I've got around 100 lbs of dry rock, 90 lbs of dry sand, and just added the salt to the RODI water and will be getting some live rock and sand to seed the tank with soon...I've got a 40 gallon breeder sump with intake->return->sump and a may drive 12 return pump...
I've been researching and planning on what to stock the tank with....in the long run I will be adding both soft and hard coral, and definately getting an anemone of some sort, possibly bubble tip.

My wife says the only stipulation to me getting the tank is I MUST get a yellow and blue hippo tang, which is fine cuz I love them anyways lol.

We both fell in love with a dogface pufferfish, but it sounds like he might need a tank this big solo...but then I've read of stocking them with many other fish in this size. Anyone with experience here?

I also would like to get a cpl true percullus clownfish for the anemone, and a six line wrasse to help clean up some pesky worms and stuff that might get in.

Any other ideas as to what to stock, that wont be a terror on coral, would be greatly appreciated! I want to hear wat you guys would do with a yellow and blue hippo tang, and a bulb tip anemone in a 125 gallon 6-ft tank.. I appreciate! I don't want to get too many fish as its my first Larger sized tank and I want to d it right. I've got very good t5 lighting set, 12 bulb...so could do a large variety of coral.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

cashmoney6980 said:
Well my 125 gallon build is almost complete. I've got around 100 lbs of dry rock, 90 lbs of dry sand, and just added the salt to the RODI water and will be getting some live rock and sand to seed the tank with soon...I've got a 40 gallon breeder sump with intake->return->sump and a may drive 12 return pump...
I've been researching and planning on what to stock the tank with....in the long run I will be adding both soft and hard coral, and definately getting an anemone of some sort, possibly bubble tip.

My wife says the only stipulation to me getting the tank is I MUST get a yellow and blue hippo tang, which is fine cuz I love them anyways lol.

We both fell in love with a dogface pufferfish, but it sounds like he might need a tank this big solo...but then I've read of stocking them with many other fish in this size. Anyone with experience here?

I also would like to get a cpl true percullus clownfish for the anemone, and a six line wrasse to help clean up some pesky worms and stuff that might get in.

Any other ideas as to what to stock, that wont be a terror on coral, would be greatly appreciated! I want to hear wat you guys would do with a yellow and blue hippo tang, and a bulb tip anemone in a 125 gallon 6-ft tank.. I appreciate! I don't want to get too many fish as its my first Larger sized tank and I want to d it right. I've got very good t5 lighting set, 12 bulb...so could do a large variety of coral.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

First- no puffer. Lol. Or say bye bye to corals. Of course you could keep the puffer and do fake coral inserts (just as about expensive as they real thing).
The clowns won't necessarily host the anemone- the might host your power head. You never know.
With the blue hippo make sure to QT him to check for Ich. But that most likely- with the yellow, would be the biggest fish in the tank with minimal other smaller fish in the tank.
With the wrasse- or any wrasse- make sure you have a secure top to prevent jumping.
Any ideas on the other smaller fish for the tank? You could do some firefish, Midas blenny, gobies, cardinals, etc.
Just be sure not to add to much at once. I recommend adding the tangs at the same time so there is no territory fight later on in the game. Also- try to buy them at about 3.6-4 inches as they will have better immune systems than those smaller.

What type of lights are you planning on using? That will dictate your coral choices. Are you going to go Refugium, wet/dry or an ATS?

Well for the lights I'm thinking I'm going to do 6 ATI Blue+, 4 ATI Aquablue, 2 Fiji Purple. This could always change cuz I'm constantly researching and thinking of new combos...

The sump will be skimmer and filter sock maybe a Lil LR in the first chamber, then return, then some live rock propped up on egg rate and some chaeto in the last chamber. (as of now).

I was thinking about getting gobies... That sorta thing. I'm open to about anything really! I definately want to get me another coral banded shrimp, turbo snails... CUC kinda like that.

I'm open to hear any ideas anyone has for fish ideas!

Back
Top Bottom