Stocking order....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate C

Aquarium Advice Activist
What to add next to my 90gal tank....

NH3/NH4, N02, N03 all undetectible. PH 8.2, SG 1.024, Temp 78d.

(Have a cheap alkalinity test, only shows high/normal/low - mine comes in "normal" - will get a better KH test soon).

Current occupants:
60lbs Tonga LR (not branched, from MDLive)
60lbs Misc Pacific LR (taken from local 4yr established system)
40lbs crushed argonite sand (1->2mm) from LFS
80lbs Old Castle sand (unrinsed)
7 Astrea Snails
5 blue leg Hermits
5 red leg Hermits
1 Zebra Hermit
5 Nassarius Snails
5 bumble bee Snails
5 Jumbo Mexican Turbos.
2 Mushroom Anenomes (just popped up on the rock)

Currently running normal output 130w total. Mix of 50/50 10K, and Act 03.

Upcoming additions.

40lbs Keys LR from LR.com (paid for it back before the hurricane), should arrive early next week sometime.

I will wait and add fish to the tank after my LR.com rock arrives and is placed... (and verify whether or not I have a mini-cycle). Also want to wait and see what if any hitchhikers show up on the rock.

Next week would like to add:

2 False Percs
1 Lawnmower Blenny
1 Royal Gramma
1 or 2 filefish
2 Peppermint or Fire Shrimp (preference?)

Is there a preferred order for the above? Thanks in advance.

Nate

I got no input on the order of placement, but I kinda like my tank with fire/blood red, skunk cleaners, and peppermint. The peppermint stay hidden most of the time, but I have never seen aptasia in my 9 month old tank yet.

Is that all the fish you're gonna put in a 90g? If not, you should probably list ALL the fish you ultimately want in order to better decide who's in first - and most importantly with some fish - who's in last.

The only other fish I forgot to add is I'd like to put in 2 pajama fish as well. I know this is a kinda light load.

Re Shrimp: I totally forgot about skunks. Maybe I'll try to have 2ea Fire, Peppermint, and Skunks - 6 total shrimp.

I got 3 skunk cleaners, 2 fire, and 10 peppermint in a 75g with almost 90 lbs of rock. I'm gonna add 2 more cleaners and 2 more reds. They don't add to the bio-load, just gotta watch for territorial issues. Mine just get out of the way of each other when they get close.

Back
Top Bottom