Strong Goby Power

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CP_ThunderGod

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is there a Big Goby that can hang witht the puffers and My purple tang.. he rules the roost..

I need a Strong Goby or Blenny that will play with the medium grade sand that won't be eaten. Any suggestions for something that will sift the sand in an aggressive tank?

Also, I want another flying gurnard.. that's a cool fish man but my crabs ate him and ripped his wings shortly after he ate one of theirs..

I guess an eye for an eye applies in there.

What kind of crabs are we talkin about and how deep is the substrate. Any LR?

Cheers
Steve

Red Legged hermits and they tore the gurnard to shredds after a while. They would hang on him sometimes and finally they got him. I have 40 lbs of figi and 40 of tonga branch.

I wondered if there is a Goby or Blenny or sand sifter that can be in an Agressive environment with a trigger and a harliquin tusk wrasse? 0X

I would actually be leary of suggesting one for that kind of environment as most are quite peaceful. The only one I know of that could really hold it's own is a Bar goby Amblygobius phalaena but as I said, with caution.

If possible try getting larger one. They can get 5"+ and quite thick.

Cheers
Steve

oh, I thought those were small.. they jump too don't they?

Do they sift the sand?

What about a lawnmower blenny or a sleeper goby?

CP_ThunderGod said:
oh, I thought those were small.. they jump too don't they?
They get quite large and yes they do jump so keep the tank top shielded.

Do they sift the sand?
Very well actually.

What about a lawnmower blenny or a sleeper goby?
Lawnmower blennies are herbavors and will spend most of the time with film algae and ignore the sandbed. Yellowheaded sleepers are quite skiddish and would not fair well in that kind of environment. They also do not have a good track record for taking to aquarium foods and the sand will not always provide enough food.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom