sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
more sump questions...purchased a 30 gal long to use as sump for the 75,have to put it in the stand from the top because of the braces is there any reason that not being able to take the whole sump out of the stand will be a horrible thing? because once it is in there the only way out will be either move the 75 first or break out the back center brace of the stand...thanks

The only reason I see that might be a problem is if the tank (sump) were to leak and needed to be repaired/replaced.

ok so would you do it i think the chance of leaking is pretty small it is an all glass pretty sturdy have had 4 not one leaked yet.

Yeah, I'd do it, I've done systems like that before, just so you know the drawback. It's not that hard to remove the brace in the back anyway and it can be replaced pretty easily :wink:

Also, if you really are worried, you can put a door in the side of the sand, then you could slide the tank out the side, I think I saw that done somewhere.

hey i thought of that but do not want to weaken the stand at all, i think that may be better than knocking out the center brace :?:

Yes, the outer plywood has no effect on the stands structural integrity, just for beauty

This isn't exactly true, the outer plywood, gives the stand additional sheering strength. I agree it would be more convienient to put a door in the side, but removing the rearcenter brace, is pretty easy. It is usually just glued and stapled in place :wink:

Hmm, I did not know that, I have only seen the plans for building a stand and the back brace has always been drilled in and supporting the tank. Sorry for the misinfo.

Back
Top Bottom