Sump design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kitesurfjesus

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I'm building a sump tank out of a 20gl for my 125. Couple of questions.

1. How is it set up (water into the first chamber with a filter pad/sock? Then where to next?)
2. What are the pros and cons to doing a refuguium?

Bigger the better or whatever can fit under your stand if that's we're you want it. Check out Melevs reef.com sumps.usually sock, fuge and pump.

St.augustine is where I kite. Send me a pm maybe we can ride tge lfs told me a 20 long would be fine.

Id go with at least a 55g as mentioned. On my 110 I had a 29g because the tank was only 4ft long. If you do a 55g then you will be happy and wont run a bigger flooding risk

This is the skimmer I will be using I bought the whole setup tank stand lights pumps skimmer powerheads heater for 100 $ they utilized everything as a hob but I don't want all the equipment on the tank itself I gutted the stand and got rid of the drawers to put in a sump the before and after on the stand are pictures included also.

ForumRunner_20130813_084804.jpg

ForumRunner_20130813_084745.jpg

ForumRunner_20130813_084545.jpg

No the tank set up was the picture of it when I bought it. The res and black stand is what I did to it

But yes that is my tank now. Just empty for now. Its a long process to set everything up for a salt/reef tank.

No its a fresh start on the tank that's just the picture the people posted to show that it holds water it was set up as a salt tank then the people I bought it from re did the thank as a brackish tank they had no clue what they were doing the guy got mud from the river and filled it with water from the river and caught fish and put it in there then just added tap water when explaning what needed to get done to a tank they were dumb founded. I had a whole lot of cleaning to do to it but its good cause its a fun hobby. Super excited to do my first salt tank.

Hello I just built a sump refugium my water comes in and goes over the first chamber under the second one and over third one into refugium then over the fourth coming out of refugium then under the last one into my return chamber here's a pic

Attachments

• image-3263856347.jpg
    image-3263856347.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 86
  • image-330221965.jpg
    image-330221965.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 86
It is rated for a 150 though and I will be running a marine land magnum 150 canister filter

I agree that skimmer is useless I had a seaclone on my 60 gallon and it did nothing but make noise and fill my tank with air bubbles can't believe these things cost money I have a reef octopus 200 diablo on my 125 and it works flawlessly pricey but worth every penny

Back
Top Bottom