Sumps when the power goes off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zactheninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want to run a sump on my next tank that I'm planning, I have the sump but the only thing that's bugging me is that the power goes off for 10-20 minutes at a time randomly and frequently.
Is there a generator that can sell when the power goes off and can keep running my return? And cheaply if I may add.

Zactheninja said:
Do you have a link? I've never seen any.

I don't but we should be able to find one online. I know that there is one in the catalog at my lfs because me and the manager talked about it. So I know someone carry one.

http://www.marinedepot.com/EcoTech_...werheads-EcoTech_Marine-EM1711-FIPHAC-vi.html

http://www.apc.com/solutions/display.cfm?id=AA86862C-C729-4A9B-BA3B54CEEEF50128&ISOCountryCode=us

You may want to go with a small generator because everything I can find doesn't run all that long. If it was me I wouldn't buy one I would go with the generator as I did for the whole house. I know ill be mad if I spent that money and the power went out for a long time and the battery gave up on me. Then if I lost everything I wouldn't be a happy camper.

mfdrookie516 said:
If you have everything set up properly, there's no risk of anything happening when the power goes out.

This is true and I wouldn't worry about the little bit of time yours goes out.

mfdrookie516 said:
If you have everything set up properly, there's no risk of anything happening when the power goes out.

Okay, lol I'm just getting it all worked out in my head and asking my stupid questions as I go along. Thank you.

Zactheninja said:
I want to run a sump on my next tank that I'm planning, I have the sump but the only thing that's bugging me is that the power goes off for 10-20 minutes at a time randomly and frequently.
Is there a generator that can sell when the power goes off and can keep running my return? And cheaply if I may add.

Why does your power go out randomly?

danbstrong said:
Why does your power go out randomly?

Should have been the first question asked. Im having a hard time figuring out why your power randomly cuts out for 10-20 mins frequently.

Back
Top Bottom