The fish have landed! :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RLG2182

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just went to my LFS last night and picked up my first two clowns! Got them along with 5 red legged hermits & 3 snails to start off.

Tested my water first... 0/0/0, 78F, 1.021/2 salinity. (I need to pick up an Alk & CA tester today... not many stores around here carry those). Drip acclimated them... took about a couple hours! 8O

Well, when they first got into the tank... they seemed a bit "out of breath" like they were struggling a bit, at the bottom of the tank. But after about a half hour, they were up and about, and now this morning they're swimming together from side to side :D

One thing that did kinda catch me off guard was that it seemed like my current was too strong. The return from my mag 9.5 into two Loc-Line nozzles seemed like it was just right. Should I just leave my 2 MJ1200's off, or just rotate one each on at a time? The little guys couldn't even swim right when they were blasting.

(here they are!)

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 53
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 41
They may just be playing in the current. Mine both get into the ph current get pushed to the other side of the tank and come to do it again and again. It fun to watch them do this for 10-15 minutes

Cute as buttons, they are! My fish play in the current all the time. They do it on purpose (especially the current from the tunze! YOWZA!)...

One of my anthias did that heavy breathing thing but I really think she was petrified...

Hey... is that a QT they're in?! Awwwwwwwwww, shucks!

Good luck with them!

Phyl said:
Hey... is that a QT they're in?!

Against my better judgement, no. I'm setting up my QT for all future fish... just totally forgot to add in canister filter media into my sump so that when fish were ready to be bought, there would be good bio filtration from the main tank. I did keep my eye on these two in the small LFS they were in for a week... they fed fine & were nice and healthy... so hopefully *crosses fingers* everything will be fine this time. At least they're the only fish in there right now... and I won't be getting any other fish for at LEAST a month.

Thanks for the compliments! :D I need to update my signature now

LOL. I figured as much, just taking the opportunity to rib ya a little... 8O

Back
Top Bottom