Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #311
Aquarium Advice Addict

Okay, thanks. I admit I did it a little fast, but I didn't dump all of it in at once. The last time I mixed I went much more slowly. My WC will take palce tonight...

Old 11-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #312
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Having a small power head in the bucket also helps get everything into solution.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #313
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah I figured I ought to get one. I have to order some more prime on amazon anyway for my FW tanks, so I think I'll order a PH. I feel better at least in the fact that the water will be the right temp now that I added a heater. It is starting to get cold here and I was afraid I was putting in water that was too cold.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #314
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did about a 30% PWC. Tank is a bit cloudy from the salt not mixed the greatest.

Sometimes I really am still in the FW mind set... poured in my SW without even testing the SG yet!! Luckily I was only halfway through with the change... added some distilled water in the tank and everything was okay. I'm starting to get more and more frustrated with my hydrometer. It seems like one tiny little bubble makes it move a crazy amount... read my SG at about 1.024, maybe a little higher, so next time I top off I'll add some SW to bring it back up a little. I hope fluctuations from .001 won't bother the fish. Everyone's looking fine though.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #315
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just ordered my circulation pump.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:35 AM   #316
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh and about the Petco sale BTW... It was actually a glitch that most everything in the store was 50% off. I went back a few hours later to place my order only to find that all of the items in my cart were no longer 50% off, but only 20% off.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #317
Aquarium Advice Addict

I ordered a cleaner shrimp and my clown goby last night from reefs2go! This will be my first time ordering anything other than snails and plants online... got a great deal, saved so much money buying from there and not my LFS, including shipping. Also got a free zoa frag with it.

My fish look healthy and are very active and eating, so I assume they fought off the disease just fine. Just hoping everything will be well with the new fish. But if I'm going to have to QT my fish, I might as well do all 3 at the same time because the clown goby is my final fish. So hoping I'm not being too risky for that... just couldn't pass up a good deal and I'm awfully tired of seeing my firefish be mean to the poor neon goby, which is what I think brought on some stress in the first place! I requested my fish be delivered on saturday.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #318
Aquarium Advice Addict

Everything arrived alive and well and are currently acclimating.

I could use some help on IDing some hitchhikers. There was a tiny little brown thing that looking like a nudibranch. I removed it to be safe. It was realllllly small. There are also quite a few little worm like things that look coiled up in a circle stuck to the glass. They are reallllllllly really tiny. Anyone have an idea? Pics won't work due to their small size.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #319
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by okapizebra View Post
Everything arrived alive and well and are currently acclimating.

I could use some help on IDing some hitchhikers. There was a tiny little brown thing that looking like a nudibranch. I removed it to be safe. It was realllllly small. There are also quite a few little worm like things that look coiled up in a circle stuck to the glass. They are reallllllllly really tiny. Anyone have an idea? Pics won't work due to their small size.
Are the worm things white?
Old 11-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #320
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes, they appear to be white.

Tags
salt, saltwater, saltwater tank, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com