Thinking about a saltwater tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure you'll be able to tell the difference from the pic. Overall they are just less shrunk, it has more color, and it is even pulsing some.

ForumRunner_20130131_145703.jpg

ForumRunner_20130131_145717.jpg

Have any idea what kind of zoas these are?

I'm not sure you'll be able to tell the difference from the pic. Overall they are just less shrunk, it has more color, and it is even pulsing some.

Have any idea what kind of zoas these are?

They look a little more extended to me. And those are possibly Spider-Man zoas.

They could also be tubbs blue zoas. I'm not sure the difference. Maybe the tubbs have a brownish skirt and the supermans have a red skirt?

I'm leaning towards the second one you said. From google pics they look a bit more like those. Thanks!

Here's a pic of the xenia when I first got it to compare.

ForumRunner_20130204_070910.jpg

I'm leaning towards the second one you said. From google pics they look a bit more like those. Thanks!

Here's a pic of the xenia when I first got it to compare.

So it's gotten alot more stems! How long has it been in the new spot? Since it seems to be improving Id just leave it there. If you don't see any improvement in another week and you feel like it could be improved more then I'd probably move it again. Maybe a little lower in the tank.

Those zoas are beautiful, by the way. I love the blue color. I want some African blue Hornet zoas but they are so darn expensive I may have to go for the tubbs blue instead!

It's been in that spot for 10 days now. I think it is slowly getting better, but it isn't easy to tell.

Thank you! They had no traces of the blue at all when I got the frag. And it was only 5 bucks! Who would have thought they'd turn out so nice! I just googled those Hornet zoas, and man those are cool!

Xenia is definitely doing better. It looked much more extended today, closer to it's original color, and is pulsing a lot. :D

Xenia is doing great! So happy that it is happy now. Cleaner shrimp molted for the first time. His skin is creepy lol. Not sure if that is better or worse than when my scarlet hermit molted. There are still red legs in the sand...

Bad news though :( Can't seem to find my clown goby anywhere...

Xenia is doing great! So happy that it is happy now. Cleaner shrimp molted for the first time. His skin is creepy lol. Not sure if that is better or worse than when my scarlet hermit molted. There are still red legs in the sand...

Bad news though :( Can't seem to find my clown goby anywhere...

Yay for the Xenia!! And that's cool about the shrimp molting. I had a blue leg hermit molt the other day. His legs were all over the sand. Lol!

How long has the clown been missing? He could just be hiding really well. That's what I'm hoping.

It's like the hermits explode all over the tank! Lol

I saw him on tuesday. He has been acting less active lately... Hope he is just taking a small vacation in the rocks. :/ just have to wait and see I guess. Just usually if he's hiding he'll come out at feeding time, but not yesterday.

Declaring mr. yellow clown goby to be dead. :(

Tonight I added my old aqueon quiet flow 10 to the tank to add more flow, but the power head is on the same side. Any suggestions on where I should place the powerhead to create a good, random flow throughout the tank?

ForumRunner_20130218_202538.jpg

Okay, so I was looking in the tank today and like 2 inches behind the xenia on the sand bed/maybe a shell, there is a new xenia??? I couldn't believe my eyes. The xenia is way up high on a rock, and waaay down below by the sand is a new one.

I was also wondering if it would be a good idea to switch my aqueon 10 with my 30...? Because I have it laying around. It has 200 gph and the 10 only has 100 gph.

Back
Top Bottom