Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-25-2012, 04:54 PM   #131
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkota

Hope your phone is doing better than mine on the new ios6 (sooooooo sloooowwwww)
Horribleeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Old 09-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #132
Fish R friends, not food!

I would put a pvc connector on the piece that is in the bulkhead and replace the top half of you want to. You dont even have to glue the connector because it will be underwater anyway, it doesnt matter if that joint leaks. The only place you dont want leakage is the bulkhead itself (the black part). Anything inside the tank doesnt have to be glued. I would also put the black acrylic part back up when you are done and create a durso overflow setup.

spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:10 PM   #133
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman
I would put a pvc connector on the piece that is in the bulkhead and replace the top half of you want to. You dont even have to glue the connector because it will be underwater anyway, it doesnt matter if that joint leaks. The only place you dont want leakage is the bulkhead itself (the black part). Anything inside the tank doesnt have to be glued. I would also put the black acrylic part back up when you are done and create a durso overflow setup.
Ok, that sounds really easy haha!! Could you explain this "durso overflow?" I'm sorry, I'm very new.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #134
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol

Ok, that sounds really easy haha!! Could you explain this "durso overflow?" I'm sorry, I'm very new.
He is referring to the stand pipe that you are rebuilding. You can google it to see photos and get info ( if your iPhone will let you near "google" haha)
Old 09-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol View Post
Check out the link in my signature to my 75 gallon reef build. I have pictures and videos of it in that link.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #136
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkota

He is referring to the stand pipe that you are rebuilding. You can google it to see photos and get info ( if your iPhone will let you near "google" haha)
Thanks! Alright, so patching that PVC is legit? Cuz that sounds like something I can do! Actually really relieving! The black wall thing will get put back on too, I wanna clean up the jagged edges and make it look a little nicer. Looks like the guy was in a hurry when he made it, notice the jagged edges. Also where it was siliconed in there are these little pieces of what I assume are plastic, they remind me of spacers... Keep em?? I'm trying to remove all the old silicone from this overflow dealy but where they siliconed it on before runs over the seals... So do I just leave it? Don't remove it???

Quote:

Check out the link in my signature to my 75 gallon reef build. I have pictures and videos of it in that link.
Perfect! I will
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-188028769.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	120661   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2901656398.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	120662  

Old 09-25-2012, 06:14 PM   #137

The advantage of the black acrylic divider is that if the pump fails it wont empty your whole tank. It will only empty to the level of the bottom of the teeth in the divider. BTW, the video is in post #44 in the thread.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #138
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol

Thanks! Alright, so patching that PVC is legit? Cuz that sounds like something I can do! Actually really relieving! The black wall thing will get put back on too, I wanna clean up the jagged edges and make it look a little nicer. Looks like the guy was in a hurry when he made it, notice the jagged edges. Also where it was siliconed in there are these little pieces of what I assume are plastic, they remind me of spacers... Keep em?? I'm trying to remove all the old silicone from this overflow dealy but where they siliconed it on before runs over the seals... So do I just leave it? Don't remove it???

Perfect! I will
Yea. Definitely clean up that overflow box. :p
Old 09-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #139
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
The advantage of the black acrylic divider is that if the pump fails it wont empty your whole tank. It will only empty to the level of the bottom of the teeth in the divider.
Ohhh gotcha! Makin tons more sense! Thank you! And apologize for sounding so clueless... Well because I am lol!so basically I want the bottom of my teeth to be my water line? So I may need the spacer things... Correct?
Old 09-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #140
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyeWinfield

Yea. Definitely clean up that overflow box. :p
Bahahahaas! I know right! Hack job!!!

Tags
salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com