Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #401
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl
That rabbitfish is beautiful!! Is he a little skinny? Or is that just the camera angle?
Thanks! It very well could be... These fish weren't being taken care of at all when I picked them up so I wouldn't doubt they weren't feeding them. When I asked what she was feeding them she said tropical fish flakes from Walmart but didnt have any to send with them. Any ideas on fattening him up? I have been feeding brine, seaweed & NLS.... It's such a pig when I feed too lol, I'm always afraid I'm over feeding. Should I feed twice a day instead of once? When I first got them the rabbit fish was pure white, didnt have any yellow or blue, it's really gotten beautiful colors since bringing t home & appears slightly bigger. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Old 11-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #402
Aquarium Advice Addict

Decided I will feed twice today and gave a morning feeding of brine. The Star was excited for breakfast ;D
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2807423523.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	131777   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1616949713.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	131778  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4035089151.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	131779  

Old 11-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #403
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, I knew you haven't had him long, but he is beautiful. That's sad they weren't feeding him. My understanding is that brine doesn't have a Lot of nutritional value. PE mysis is better from what I hear. Brine can be fed as a "treat". The other two foods you have sound good though.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:45 PM   #404
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Yeah, I knew you haven't had him long, but he is beautiful. That's sad they weren't feeding him. My understanding is that brine doesn't have a Lot of nutritional value. PE mysis is better from what I hear. Brine can be fed as a "treat". The other two foods you have sound good though.
Ok, I'll pick up some mysis what does PE mean? Sorry if that's a silly question lol. I was meaning to ask what I should feed, I had all that stuff here for my Cichlids already I go into town on Sundays so I will get some yummy foods then so does twice a day sound good? Or should I stick with once?
Old 11-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #405
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol

Ok, I'll pick up some mysis what does PE mean? Sorry if that's a silly question lol. I was meaning to ask what I should feed, I had all that stuff here for my Cichlids already I go into town on Sundays so I will get some yummy foods then so does twice a day sound good? Or should I stick with once?
Since he's so skinny, I would keep up with the twice daily til he gains some weight. I think the PE is a type of mysis, not exactly sure what it stands for. Some mysis say PE on it, some don't. I've heard the PE is better. It's about $6 for a package of 25 cubes, and they're much bigger than brine, so should help fill up your fish better.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #406
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Since he's so skinny, I would keep up with the twice daily til he gains some weight. I think the PE is a type of mysis, not exactly sure what it stands for. Some mysis say PE on it, some don't. I've heard the PE is better. It's about $6 for a package of 25 cubes, and they're much bigger than brine, so should help fill up your fish better.
Yay! Thanks for all the help! Can't wait for him to get fat & happy!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:53 AM   #407
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol

Yay! Thanks for all the help! Can't wait for him to get fat & happy!
Yeah, that'll be great! You'll have to post new pics when he fattens up!!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:46 AM   #408
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well had my first catastrophe.

Came hime from work to find my kids had dumped SOMETHING in the tank My husband hasn't the slightest clue what it could have been. My mushrooms have shrunk, there was a "film" across the top of the water too. I immediately did a 30g wc with water that I had made. I don't have anymore RO water made up. My salinity is a tad high at 1.028. I'm so freakin sad I want to change more water but I can't. Should I just use some tap? I really don't know what to do right now. Fish are swimming and acting fine. AND then while all this is going down my husband for some unknown reason decides he wants to tinker with the plumbing and busts a piece off. I could wring his neck right now for 2 reasons, 1) not paying attention 2) f'n with things he don't need to be f'd with. Sucks the first time I involve him in fish maintenance and he goes breaking my stuff.... Leaves a very nasty taste in my mouth!

I had a horrible day at work today and even had to stay 2 hours later than scheduled & then I come home to this. I'm mentally exhausted right now :'(
Old 11-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #409
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow! that sux. So sorry to hear about your troubles. That's a bad day. I hope none of it causes any long term problems with the tank.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #410
Aquarium Advice Freak

Eeks that's def the epitomy of a bad day. Hope you got a good nights sleep and today is better. I have been using tap water in my 12g nano with no problems per say. Corals and fish are fine but I am investing in Ro water now that I am setting up 54g.

LED lights
Spicemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com