Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #411
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl
Wow! that sux. So sorry to hear about your troubles. That's a bad day. I hope none of it causes any long term problems with the tank.
I hope it doesn't either, everyone is acting normal today, water appears to look better, just hoping my mushrooms open back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicemonkey
Eeks that's def the epitomy of a bad day. Hope you got a good nights sleep and today is better. I have been using tap water in my 12g nano with no problems per say. Corals and fish are fine but I am investing in Ro water now that I am setting up 54g.
That's great news! Think I may shoot for a 50% change today with tap just to be safe.

And life is still throwing me curve balls woke up this morning and my cat was attacked by a coyote or something his jaw is most def broke. I took him to the vet at 8am and he is having surgery to have his jaw wired back into place. I feel terrible. He looks like a zombie cat :/ I was supposed to buy my light today from a member here on a AA but I don't think I can afford it this week now that I will have to pay a vet bill. Hopefully they will hold it for another week for me.

Ugh.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #412
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol View Post
I hope it doesn't either, everyone is acting normal today, water appears to look better, just hoping my mushrooms open back up.

That's great news! Think I may shoot for a 50% change today with tap just to be safe.

And life is still throwing me curve balls woke up this morning and my cat was attacked by a coyote or something his jaw is most def broke. I took him to the vet at 8am and he is having surgery to have his jaw wired back into place. I feel terrible. He looks like a zombie cat :/ I was supposed to buy my light today from a member here on a AA but I don't think I can afford it this week now that I will have to pay a vet bill. Hopefully they will hold it for another week for me.

Ugh.

I hope your cat pulls through okay. That's far worse than the plumbing. (At least PVC doesn't feel pain.)

Don't worry too much about the lighting, given all else that's piled on you.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #413
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol

Ugh.
Omg I hope you're cat is okay!!! I can't imagine what that must feel like.. I just had my cat spayed and I couldn't stand the site of her all loopy n in pain
Old 11-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #414
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks everyone, I hope he'll be ok too. It was a super scary sight. His jaw was sideways and he couldn't close his mouth. I guess it's just something I have to deal with living in the country. Coyotes & Porcupines SUCK! Fortunately my dogs haven't had a run in with a Porcupine in the last 2 years, guess they learned the first time they got "quilled". Oh yea... Forgot to include skunks. They suck pretty bad too lol.

Did a 50% wc with tap. Everyone is a little stressed, they still aren't used to wc's like my other fish yet. Mushrooms still aren't coming out like they were. Off to work I go... Hopefully everything will look ok in the morning.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #415
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here is a lil video of my progress before the contaminants entered the tank :/ hope it goes back to this soon!

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/XhiEDQLqKgs

Really wish the tv woulda been shut off haha!
Old 11-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #416
Aquarium Advice Addict

It looks really great!! You did such a fabulous job cleaning that tank up!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:27 AM   #417
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
It looks really great!! You did such a fabulous job cleaning that tank up!
Thank u so much! It really means alot to hear such kind words after all the work I put into it

Kitty is home, already looking better glad he's gonna pull through! My kids would have been devastated, and so would I. I love the lil bugger! He can't really open the one eye still probably from all the swelling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1786315533.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	132155  
Old 11-16-2012, 02:14 AM   #418
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsPistol

Thank u so much! It really means alot to hear such kind words after all the work I put into it

Kitty is home, already looking better glad he's gonna pull through! My kids would have been devastated, and so would I. I love the lil bugger! He can't really open the one eye still probably from all the swelling.
Awwwww!!!! Poor little baby!! Hope he heals up quick for you.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:24 AM   #419
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Awwwww!!!! Poor little baby!! Hope he heals up quick for you.
He's a tough dude! I'm so happy they got him cleaned up! It looked soooo much worse before... His little jaw had to be wired so he is refusing to eat or drink anything at the moment.

Good news is my husband says the mushrooms got "kinda big" today haha. Not quite as they were tho I guess ( I was at work all day and didnt really get to see them before the lights went off) water is very clear and i put fresh carbon in with the last wc to try to remove whatever got put in. Can't wait to get some good frozen foods this weekend! I've been nursing a coral that came with the tank that I thought was dead and I feel is starting to come back as I can see the tips of them opening up some and some hairlike things coming out of one. When I touch the shell it's anchored to they close up real tight so I know it's hanging on to life, so I hope the contaminant didnt do them in! I may be picking up this rock with star polyps on it from a guy on Craigslist for $30. They are in a 8 pound rock. I'm excited to get them just hope my lights can support it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3678076818.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	132170  
Old 11-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #420
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm glad to see your cat is doing okay now!

Tags
salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com