Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #1151
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just a question, could I add green chromis to my tank? If I can, how many could I add without being overstocked? This would be instead of the midas Blenny so my fish would be 1 flame hawk, 1 bangaii cardinal, and 1 six line wrasse.

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:30 AM   #1152
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
Just a question, could I add green chromis to my tank? If I can, how many could I add without being overstocked? This would be instead of the midas Blenny so my fish would be 1 flame hawk, 1 bangaii cardinal, and 1 six line wrasse.
Hmm..i like them..but i think they look cooler in larger schools in bigger tanks. I'd say 2-3 though.

Dude..bought a flamehawk today to copy you..great fish

Old 06-30-2012, 12:51 AM   #1153
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's not for me, it's for my mom, I personally don't like them unless they are in schools. I'm worried about adding three, I'd like some more opinions on it if anyone would care to share their input.

Your bro told me, can't wait to check out the thread!
Old 06-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #1154
Aquarium Advice Addict

Haha your such a nice kid! Haha why does she want them? I mean they are cool, but i agree, they are really only cool if kept in a school. Maybe you could get 4 or so smaller ones? Those things can get big though! Also, i know you have nitrataphobia so that many fish might be bad for you
Old 07-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #1155
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel
Haha your such a nice kid! Haha why does she want them? I mean they are cool, but i agree, they are really only cool if kept in a school. Maybe you could get 4 or so smaller ones? Those things can get big though! Also, i know you have nitrataphobia so that many fish might be bad for you
Lol she just practically gave me a laptop, well not really, I have to babysit a month for free and she has a job but it's still an amazing gift so id like to be nice and get some stuff, plus Its super cool for me too. I would get three max, not sure if I could mentally handle anymore lol. Your right, I have that phobia, It's horrible, but at least it's a better phobia to have.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #1156
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, I have an issue. I came back from a 3 day vacation, and my bryopsis issue has gotten worse. I'm doing bigger pwc from now on, but I just don't think it will slow it. I'm not raising my mag and I've already tried h2o2.. So I'm going to keep tearing it out but it's starting to get tough..

Worst case scenario, I have to remove things that contribute to nutrient levels, fish.. Don't want to do that whatsoever but I don't want a messy tank... Best case, it stops by itself and I keep doing my thing. Any advice? I'm pretty worried, as there aren't many great ways to get rid of it and it seems it comes back for most people.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #1157
Aquarium Advice Addict

http://www.ams-chicago.com/blog/post...sise280a6.aspx

Maybe try this? I don't know. I hope you get it taken care of. I know how aggravating a messy tank can be. I hate it when my tank looks messy.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #1158
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks, I'm going to try to add an emerald crab and I can borrow a lettuce slug from my reef club, so I might be okay for a little bit. I'll try that before going nuts and being a coral only tank, or one fish.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #1159
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wont your hawk kill the crab? :/
Old 07-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #1160
Aquarium Advice Addict

They are more of a threat to shrimp. It's worth a shot anyways, if not, it's just an 8$ meal.. The hawk hasn't eaten any of my snails or hermits yet.

Tags
build, build thread, fowlr, reef build, salt water tank, startup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com