Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 10-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #1411
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Sexy shrimp are 12.99 here. To rich for my blood. LOL!
__________________

__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #1412
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
needmorecowbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs
Sexy shrimp are 12.99 here. To rich for my blood. LOL!
Yeah, 15$ here, no way im buying 5 lol..
__________________

needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #1413
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell

Yeah, 15$ here, no way im buying 5 lol..
Maybe buy one every now and again.
__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #1414
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrc8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell

Yeah, 15$ here, no way im buying 5 lol..
That's how I felt about my skunk cleaners so I waited and waited and after waiting about 4 months they finally went on sale for $17.99 so I had them order in 5 and picked my favorite 3... They are my one of my favorite things in my tank
__________________
Mrc8858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #1415
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
CorallineAlgae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858

That's how I felt about my skunk cleaners so I waited and waited and after waiting about 4 months they finally went on sale for $17.99 so I had them order in 5 and picked my favorite 3... They are my one of my favorite things in my tank
I couldn't agree more. I adore cleaners more than most fish.
__________________
CorallineAlgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:40 PM   #1416
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
needmorecowbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,638
Well, I'm going to start with an emerald crab for sure, the last one I had ate bubble algae and bryopsis, wish I still had him. Then I'm gonna get a shrimp, I really miss my fire shrimp the more I think about it. I don't think my tank is stable enough for an anemone yet, but soon it will be on the list lol.

I agree about the cleaners being cooler too, they are soo much fun to look at.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #1417
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
Well, I'm going to start with an emerald crab for sure, the last one I had ate bubble algae and bryopsis, wish I still had him. Then I'm gonna get a shrimp, I really miss my fire shrimp the more I think about it. I don't think my tank is stable enough for an anemone yet, but soon it will be on the list lol.

I agree about the cleaners being cooler too, they are soo much fun to look at.
What happened to your emerald?

I dont know why, but my inverts die. Ive lost like 3 snails, 3 hermits, a cleaner, a peppermint, and a pistol. I got over it and bought a flamehawk. I just dont know why they die...

Not stable enough? Ah cmon it really is. I dont want to pressure you...but my tank was younger than yours and the nem is doing perfectly, adam! And now that you have that rodi, you will definitly be able to keep up on those PWC's.
__________________
Gboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #1418
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
needmorecowbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66

What happened to your emerald?

I dont know why, but my inverts die. Ive lost like 3 snails, 3 hermits, a cleaner, a peppermint, and a pistol. I got over it and bought a flamehawk. I just dont know why they die...

Not stable enough? Ah cmon it really is. I dont want to pressure you...but my tank was younger than yours and the nem is doing perfectly, adam! And now that you have that rodi, you will definitly be able to keep up on those PWC's.
Just died, maybe lack of food. I've had the same luck with inverts. And did the same thing lol!

Id like to get the gfo reactor and the heater before so I can do pwc and not worry about algae. I went to the lfs today, but it was the really overpriced one so I didn't buy the heater, which wouldve been 50$
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #1419
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
needmorecowbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 3,638
Well, the tank is finally looking nice!! Im going to take pics once I put the filter sock back in. Ive done two big water changes this week and all of the corals are thanking me.

to people who are wondering which rodi unit to get... GET A BRS ONE! They are great, I'm in love with my, I've named him rodrick.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:19 PM   #1420
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Bearchumjs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Red Mountain WA
Posts: 3,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
Well, the tank is finally looking nice!! Im going to take pics once I put the filter sock back in. Ive done two big water changes this week and all of the corals are thanking me.

to people who are wondering which rodi unit to get... GET A BRS ONE! They are great, I'm in love with my, I've named him rodrick.
LOL! You crack me up! Rodrick? I'm glad to hear that your corals are happy.
__________________

__________________
Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
build, build thread, fowlr, reef build, salt water tank, startup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.