Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats good it hasn't run dry. Even though I have a sump, I'm thinking about adding my 36 gal into the system as a way to do water changes through. It is either that or maybe some sort of display fuge...unsure as I can't fit anything below my tank, it will all be behind it.

thats what i was going to do, just put everything behind my tank. i decided to do it this way instead because my mom didnt like how far it would have stuck out.

Well I have the kinks out of my Sump and the god-awful sound it was making is gone also, I just took out the sponge and moved the j-tube. The pump is now completely even and I added my hob skimmer to the system. No loud noises, very neat, and is getting the job done nicely. Next project will probably be hanging my light fixture. That and selling some frags of my acro and ricordea!

update

I went to the lfs today and bought some stuff.. purigen and one pound of base rock. i also made a deal with the owner. im selling 2 frags of my bland acro and 1 head of ricordea for a HUGE frag of seriatopora. it might be my favorite coral ever. i cant wait to see it under actinics. he also gave me a few tips on cyano. he said that when im dosing for alkalinity, to use a pipette and squirt the cyano with the alkaline solution. i did and ill check it out tomorrow. the purigen is going in my sump at the bubble trap and hopefully that will help to, plus it lasts forever! all i need to do is bleach it in a few months and it will be like new again!

haha its okay, i do the same thing sometimes. my mom is still kinda creeped out about how old some of the people are that i regularly talk to on here compared to me.

i made a durso standpipe, but i did it differently than some people do, its working well and the overflow is silent. i bought some red slime remover also. its completely reef sage and ive done everything i can to get rid of the cyano, i just need the boost to get rid of the algae. ill still be doing all the regular maintenance. im getting the seriatopora today, cant wait to get it.

Update

Im back! but only for a little bit. I got the coral, and its bigger than I expected. It has neon green polyps and i put it where my other birdsnest is. the lfs said the coral is pretty hardy and i shouldnt be afraid to break pieces of if i need to. It is one of my favorite corals.. cant wait to see how fast it grows. Im not going to frag it until it breaks the surface, or when it gets in the way of another coral. Pics and 2 vids by hopefully tomorrow.

needmorecowbell said:
pics (that is my fire shrimps molt, not a dead shrimp)

Thank god! Haha everythings lookig great man. Its weird...our tanks are the same size but for some reason yours looks bigger

needmorecowbell said:
Oh same. Mines 3 feet long. Maybe yours looks taller because of the arch.

Lol i guess so! Very odd..mine is 30" long too. Maybe its a bit more than 15" high.

Im starting to think that you actually have a 40 breeder:p

Back
Top Bottom