Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My dog Zoe used to watch the tank, now she could really care less. She's a black lab/husky. But where are the updated pics of the tank? And btw, MoP is Mists of Pandaria.

Sniperhank said:
My dog Zoe used to watch the tank, now she could really care less. She's a black lab/husky. But where are the updated pics of the tank? And btw, MoP is Mists of Pandaria.

I put a few up, I think they are a page or two back. I'll be taking a bunch and using photobucket once I'm completely barebottom.

Lol I do wish I could get one though :/ I'm still doing bare bottom, just too many pros to pass up.

So I was turning the chaeto in the sump and found something.. A worm. It looked like a baby bristle worm but I wasnt sure so I tossed it, better to be safe than sorry. I couldn't find Any others so I'm not worried.

The filter sock is doing great, it's a light brown already. How do you clean them? Something with a washing machine I know..

I'm kinda wishing I would have saved my money and just built my own fixture, the LEDs I have just don't look like the ones in display tanks at lfs.. Not enough purple (true violet, I'd rather not get too far into the color spectrum again lol), red, and maybe warmer whites.. I don't know. Too late for regret now though, I'm just going to have to use what I have and supplement or something. I don't have much spending money for the tank right now because of me being social and what not lol.

What?!?!? You mean you go out and have fun with people instead of spending all your time and money on your tank? How dare you!!

Lol! Im just kidding of course. I'm glad to hear your filter sock is working well. Sorry you don't like your lights.

What kind of fish do you think you may get? What your stock again? I could maybe find some interesting ideas if I could remember what you already have.

Bearchumjs said:
What?!?!? You mean you go out and have fun with people instead of spending all your time and money on your tank? How dare you!!

Lol! Im just kidding of course. I'm glad to hear your filter sock is working well. Sorry you don't like your lights.

What kind of fish do you think you may get? What your stock again? I could maybe find some interesting ideas if I could remember what you already have.

Lol I know, I know, it's horrible! I just wish movies and that type of stuff didn't cost so much, we're resorting to matinees lol.

As jack said, I am lame, and yes I only have to two fish lol, a flame hawk and a cardinal unless the wrasse pops up somewhere. I'm thinking maybe a Midas Blenny, because a club member reserved one for me and I never got it, I'd like to give him some business. Although I am up for anything, maybe even a chromis because my mom thinks they're pretty.

Bearchumjs said:
Well in that case the options are pretty much endless. I'll return later after researching...

But before I go, might I suggest the amphiprion ephippion?

http://www.orafarm.com/products/fish/clowns/fire/

Thanks so much, I probably wouldn't have ever known about these fish if not. I'm thinking a clown would be cool again, I'd probably do a black and white if I did.. The chromis' are really nice, I like the last one a lot, but dont they do best in Schools? I don't want to freak anything out.

And to sniper, yes I agree, coral tanks are one of my faves, but now that I'm bb I can do more bioload because the nutrients are either on the glass or in my filter sock.

Trimmed back that colony to get more light on the inside where the most growth was and its looking a lot better. Thought id let you know lol :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120807_221020.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120807_221020.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 69
The news just keeps getting better and better! It will get a Lot fuzzier once it heals completely. The corals you gave me are doing amazing also, I got to gluing them in today and they are doing great. The bigger one is getting red.. I dont really know why but it looks really nice with it.

If its the inside no that's bound to happen from shading by the new growth.. this piece was the opposite so I opened it up to get more light to what was still alive

needmorecowbell said:
The chromis' are really nice, I like the last one a lot, but dont they do best in Schools? I don't want to freak anything out. .

When I do saltwater I'm totally getting the fire clown... And the gold headed sleeper goby... And a school of orange lined cardinal fish.

I don't know about those chromis but according to live aquaria groups of 3 or more in odd numbers is best. I was just browsing and thought they were lovely.

Sniperhank said:
You brought up an interesting point...bleaching on the inside of massive sps colonies. The inside of my birds nest is kinda doing it...should i be concerned...?

Yeah, it's completely natural. The lfs has a big colony that has white under it.

Bearchumjs said:
When I do saltwater I'm totally getting the fire clown... And the gold headed sleeper goby... And a school of orange lined cardinal fish.

I don't know about those chromis but according to live aquaria groups of 3 or more in odd numbers is best. I was just browsing and thought they were lovely.

Well, whenever you start the build, shoot me a pm or something so I can join in!

That's what I was told also :/ idk, I'm thinking either Midas blenny or b&w clown although I hate getting nipped, my last one made me bleed so I got rid of it lol, im such a wimp.

Back
Top Bottom