Thirty Gallon Build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dude my b&w is awesome. Super nice to me but
Is mean to my occy clown... Lol. Either way he doesnt bite me and he is always in the front :)

I'll let you guys know when I switch to saltwater.

Guys- take my advice. Banks and loans and credit cards are evil. They suck you in and say "here! We'll give you money to buy that which you cannot afford!" but then they whisper so that you cant hear them "we will rape you in interest charges for the next X amount of years."

Nearing the end of a few financial responsibilities and I am so excited. Never again will I buy something I can't pay cash for- Which is why I don't have a marine tank yet. Can't pay cash, not gonna buy it, even though I want it soooo badly.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Dude my b&w is awesome. Super nice to me but
Is mean to my occy clown... Lol. Either way he doesnt bite me and he is always in the front :)

I'm pretty tempted.. Idk though. I was even thinking a Picasso would be cool. Black and whites are one of my favorite though. I saw a nem at the lfs on Sunday, rbta.. I wanted it soo bad lol. It was just calling for me, but then I gained control over my impulsive behaviors and bought the much needed filter sock.

Bearchumjs said:
I'll let you guys know when I switch to saltwater.

Guys- take my advice. Banks and loans and credit cards are evil. They suck you in and say "here! We'll give you money to buy that which you cannot afford!" but then they whisper so that you cant hear them "we will rape you in interest charges for the next X amount of years."

Nearing the end of a few financial responsibilities and I am so excited. Never again will I buy something I can't pay cash for- Which is why I don't have a marine tank yet. Can't pay cash, not gonna buy it, even though I want it soooo badly.

Advice taken :)

I just can't see how I couldn't use loans for some things, I know you pay more, but it's just a necessity sometimes, ya know? And marine tanks honestly aren't that bad once you get past the start up if you can keep control of yourself, it's just most can't lol.

He rodi filter kit came today.. It's the wrong one. They don't have any other replacement kits for sale lol, why wouldn't it be this one?!

Ouch, that's brutal dude...wish I could pump water down south to you to help out. Give them a call about it and itll get straightened out. I'm currently on the phone w/ saltwaterfish.com about my moonlighting which never arrived. Seems it is shipping straight from Hamilton.

Sniperhank said:
Ouch, that's brutal dude...wish I could pump water down south to you to help out. Give them a call about it and itll get straightened out. I'm currently on the phone w/ saltwaterfish.com about my moonlighting which never arrived. Seems it is shipping straight from Hamilton.

Yeah, I just gave them a message on YouTube. I'll see how it goes. And you bought that a while ago, hope it gets figured out!

Edit: not YouTube... eBay lol

No answer from the people.. Grr..

If you don't already know, I found my wrasse... On the ground. I'm really thinking I might do a black and white clown.. But I really want that Midas blenny..

needmorecowbell said:
No answer from the people.. Grr..

If you don't already know, I found my wrasse... On the ground. I'm really thinking I might do a black and white clown.. But I really want that Midas blenny..

Get the Midas Blenny!! It's what you really want. :)

They had a baby gold headed sleeper goby at petco. So pretty. Someday I'll have one. Someday....

Bearchumjs said:
Get the Midas Blenny!! It's what you really want. :)

They had a baby gold headed sleeper goby at petco. So pretty. Someday I'll have one. Someday....

It's really a tie between them, I'm not sure, I'll let my family decide.

You're right, they are beautiful. you'll need to upgrade from that pico though!

And thanks, will ferells a beast! Also, no problem haha!

Thought id let you know I'm getting neon green extension and new growth on the dead pieces of the colony already :)

Great! I knew theyd do good for you. Tomorrow I'm having someone come over to buy the kryptonite candy cane off me, it's just too much light for it...

What I'm thinking is that I'll retrofit a 4 bulb t5 into my canopy and turn my LEDs to minimum light. Actually, maybe two bulb.. Idk. Whatever it is, it has to get done, my corals aren't very happy with this led unit. Also, the eBay company purewaterclub never answered me, which is bad but okay because my brother broke part of it :mad: I added the di resin to my rodi and it seems to be good now, 1:2.75 gallon ratio.

Led? The 120w dimmable Chinese fixture off eBay. I believe it's 30 royal blue 30 cool white and they are 3w LEDs underdrived at 2w to prolong life ( a lot of people do that)

And your having trouble with high light corals? I thought everyone else using them got great sps growth. Are you sure you don't have phosphate issues? And hows the sand bed project going?

Mrc8858 said:
And your having trouble with high light corals? I thought everyone else using them got great sps growth. Are you sure you don't have phosphate issues? And hows the sand bed project going?

My sps growth is great on all high light sps, my stylo seriously grew a quarter inch thick branch that's about an inch long in a month. My green slimer has encrusted the rock and is going crazy too. The purple plasma is starting to lose that purple I was talking about It getting, but It's still growing fast. It's not really growth I'm having issues with, it's color. The birdsnest was the exception though. I could have phosphate issues, which makes me want to get some gfo and a reactor, which the guy in slippery rock has.. My parents probably wouldnt let me go though. Only April till I get my actual license! If all goes as planned of course..

The sand bed is actually doing well, no cyano anymore, I've put some sand in the fuge just to keep bacteria so nothing goes nuts.. It's pretty much empty now, I'd say 3/4 of the way done. I'm just happy I don't have any more algae issues other than the back getting nasty daily, just another reason for gfo I guess.. Maybe I'll do chemipure, see how it goes while saving my money for a reactor, and for my birthday, ask for a light.

Well.. I sold the candycane, and then organized my electric stuff.. I looked at my lighting schedule and found out one of the reasons my corals are bleaching lol.. The timer was bumped and had the blues on almost all the time. The whites were on for 11 hours. I now have it on a 10 hours schedule, which I think is much better. And I am going to wash out my filter sock tomorrow, it was really brown. I'm hoping that will be easy, I just put it in the washing machine with no soap, right?

I have the money to buy a reactor.. That might be next. I'll get the little fishies reactor if I can't make it to slippery rock before school.

Back
Top Bottom