Tiny bubbles in the water (not the song)...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdergar

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've built in a bubble trap into my sump but I'm still getting lots of tiny bubbles in the DT. I've read some posts where they are the worst thing and some that say no problem.

How else can I get rid of them? And should I even try? Will this clear up after my skimmer breaks in? Thanks...

Steve

I think it will clear up but I`ve had little micro bubbles in my tank for years and it has not bothered corals or fish. I`ve heard others that say it can be a problem but all I can offer is my experience.

I would look in your sump and make sure there are not any bubbles getting sucked into your return pump. Every once and a while the water flowing over my last baffle will cause some bubbles that get sucked up.

You can also try moving around your skimmer. Put the out put of the skimmer as far away from your bubble trap/return pump as possible so they microbubbles it produces have as much time as possible to rise to the surface and pop

Just this morning I put an ABS trap from the output of the skimmer so basically the output is going down and then straight up. It's a little better in the sump already. I hope. I'll take a look after a few hours and see where it's at.

Steve

Well I placed the trap on the output of the skimmer. Still was seeing a lot of bubbles but a little better. So tonight just looking around the sump I decided to play with the flow of the return lines. I have it split. Some into the refugium and the rest into the skimmer chamber. I just slightly closed the main return and bubbles have all but disappeared in the sump and refugium. DT is looking much better as well. Just one little crank on the ball valve and that was it. I know it wasn't detrimental to the tank but I just didn't like it. But now...Sweet. Thanks for the tips...

Steve

Back
Top Bottom